bigt 1-0 atos

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

bigt 1-0 atos

Postby bigt » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:58 pm

had to come on and share my good news and give some hope to all that is in the same boat. like many in this forum i was fighting dwp about being put into the wrag, i also put a complaint in to atos about my medical not being fairly based on my conditions and some blatant lies in my medical assessment. on tuesday i received a letter from atos saying my medical was flawed and they are upholding my complaint as the medical did not take into account my condition fluctuates. it is a significant and fatal flaw in the report as it does not mention variability, fatigability or the ability to do things reliable, repeatedly and safely. today i have received a phone call from dwp to say after my appeal they are now putting me into the support group, all i can say to people fighting appeals DONT GIVE UP.
:chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance:
bigt
UKFM Newbie

Re: bigt 1-0 atos

Postby denys » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:00 pm

Great news just goes to show there is hope out there :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Iceskatemum » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:34 pm

Can I joint the celebrations :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance:

so pleased for you , sometimes I think they rely that we will be so worn down we won't appeal.

Congratulations.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby macca » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:04 pm

Total belter news buddy, pleased for you. Fight all the way, its the only way

Macca
macca
UKFM Member

Postby Pepperty » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:27 pm

that's really positive news :-D thanks for sharing, and good luck!
Pepperty
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:54 pm

Great news :clap: :welldone:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby moomoos » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:07 pm

Good on yer bigt...... really pleased for you, well done :-D xx
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby lolo73 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:23 pm

So pleased to hear this. I am going to write down what you have said so I can use that when I have to appeal soon x
lolo73
UKFM Member

Postby Graygirl » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:07 pm

:-D I am so pleased for you. I am in the process of filling out the ESA form, and stories like yours give me hope. My husband is helping me, and we are putting in as much information as we possibly can. My arm and hand now hurt so much that my wrist is in a splint, and I am having to put the strap on that helped with Tennis Elbow a few years ago. I can just about type, but wanted to say well done for fighting. xx :welldone:
Graygirl
UKFM Member

Postby andrew623 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:53 am

Hi Bigt,

Well done,fantastic news, it's a great feeling eh? I'd like to add my experience. This has happened twice with my wife, and after each ATOS WCA, I challenged in writing the quality of the report and twice they admitted the flaws, like yourself, with the lack of info about variability and fluctuation of Fibro. The first time it happened, DWP put her into the WRAG group. However, the 2nd time, the DWP didn't seem to take any notice of the flawed medical. I didn't push it too much as I was looking forward to the Tribunal where the DWP had based their zero points decision on the medical, a medical I had evidence from ATOS which was flawed. However, the Tribunal didn't take much note of this either suprisingly, but she got the magic 15 points anyway. So everyone, as with Bigt's experience, always check and if need be, challenge the ATOS medical in writing.
Well done again Bigt.

:welldone:
andrew623
UKFM Member

Postby latmaz » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:15 am

thats brilliant well done to u

may i ask where u complained to about the flawed report? my assessments bore no relation to what was said or happened and i lost the tribunal too, with the result that i have no ESA or DLA now. i even proved at tribunal they were incorrect but still got zero points. i am now considering upper tribunal but not sure i have the strength for that

well done again to u am really pleased someone is getting somewhere with this
latmaz
UKFM Member

Postby sweetie pie » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:29 am

YES :welldone: :wine: BIGt
sweetie pie
UKFM Member

Postby bigt » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:52 pm

thank you for all the replies, the news got better this week as i have now won my appeal against dla and have been awarded 2 yrs of higher mobility and middle care allowance.
please everybody request your medical report from esa and read it and highlight whats wrong (there will be lots of errors and faults). then you can ring atos no one will speak to you about it so request a complaint form. when it comes its like a booklet with a rip off card at the back, fill it in and on the comments write your major errors and quote it was unfair as it wasnt based on your condition. also mention the stuff i wrote in my 1st post.
good luck to you all and please dont give in the fight against atos
bigt
UKFM Newbie

Postby sweetie pie » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:39 am

That's great you got the dla to :wine: :welldone:

I have just started my appeal, cant be bothered with it, but you have got to,
I just hate the fact these idiots don't give a .... re our illness,
& no way am i pleading with these people, I haven't the energy but there in for a Big Fight ahead,

Well done again for standing your ground bigt
sweetie pie
UKFM Member

Postby Chickystir » Fri May 03, 2013 3:18 pm

Well done big t. I have had my medical assessment today. Didn't know they were coming as I had no letter etc. can they do that? I am in a right mess as I was not ready for them ...had no paper work or anyone to support me. I think I have messed it up and not told them even half s much as I should have. I am absolutely gutted. On top of all that I was having a half decent day so I was doing some house work when he came. : ( all that effort to fill in the form and get the evidence and I now feel it was for nothing :( . Any suggestions on what to do would be great xxxx
Chickystir
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits