Preston / Chorley DLA to PIP evening with Speaker

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Preston / Chorley DLA to PIP evening with Speaker

Postby nataliehix » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:09 pm

Hi, I am the chair for Chorley Fibromyalgia Support Group and I am in the process of setting up a new group for Preston with the help of my committee.
On Monday 13th May, we have a speaker coming from the Department of Work and Pensions, he is a Group Outreach Manager and his role is to help in the community. He has been trained to give out information about the new benefit, Personal Independence Payment, which is replacing DLA. We are opening this up to the PUBLIC, so you don't have to be a member to come along, you can bring friends and family too. Anyone who could benefit from this is welcome to come.
It is only £2 per person and includes tea / coffee.
The meeting is at 6pm on Monday 13th May at Clayton Brook Village Hall, Great Greens Lane, Clayton Brook, Lancashire, PR5 8HL. It is close to the A6, Junction 2 of the M65 and Junction 9 of the M61. It is close to Chorley and Preston.

If you are unsure about PIP, please come alone and find out how this new benefit could affect you!
PIP was introduced from 8th April in the North West, so it is already here for us, so we really need to find out how we could be affected. Even those who have been given DLA for life will be reassessed, and need to know about PIP.

If you are interested in coming, you can reply to this thread or message me on info@chorleyfibrosupport.org.uk

Natalie x
nataliehix
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits