Dreaded brown envelope.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Dreaded brown envelope.

Postby kazza65 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:18 pm

Hi all...

I've recieved my brown envelope this morning to tell me that the adviser from dwp is going to be ringing me up in the next 2 weeks if they haven't i've to ring them ....

Then i supposed after this telephone call i will be getting my ESA50 form to filling in ....

Any tips on how to answer the telephone call and then to fill the form in would be greatly appreshated..

How long is before they ring once you've recieved the letter ??
And how long is it before the send the form ???
And how long is it before you get an answer from them ???

Just had two day off a relasps looking like i'm in for another because of this ....

I now going to panic untill this happens....

HELP !!! HELP !!! HELP !!! HELP !!! HELP !!! HELP !!! HELP !!! HELP !!! HELP !!! HELP !!! HELP !!! HELP !!!
Live life to the full as you don't know when it will end xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kazza65
UKFM Member

Re: Dreaded brown envelope.

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:54 pm

kazza65 wrote:Any tips on how to answer the telephone call and then to fill the form in would be greatly appreshated..

How long is before they ring once you've recieved the letter ??
And how long is it before the send the form ???
And how long is it before you get an answer from them ???

Hi Kazza,

I gather your transfering from IB over to ESA?

They will call soon, doesnt take them to long to contact you.
They will explain the transformation from IB to ESA and what it all intails

Then the dreaded form arrives :evil: i ahve one sitting next to me now :roll: its made up of 18 questions.

I have done a topic just below this one on some tips on how to fill the form out and what info they are looking for but i strngly advice you to try and seek professional support in completing the form by CAB or DIAL and maybe welfare rights and in some cases i know of social services have also helped.

This is because you need (like DLA) to put down the correct wording, one wrong move and :yikes: for example :-

Mainly use i cannot instead of i am unable
Do not use I try use i attempt
More so use significant pain and severe pain then im in pain.

Lots to get your head around :crazy:

Its also chopping out any waffle and putting it all down to the point as the decison makers easily skip thro it.
Making sure all points they want to hear are met and any additional info that is relavent to your claim
Remembering its how your disabilities effect you in a work place and imagining you are there and what you would experience.

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

For new claims/transfers on the ESA you may get called in for a medical. it can take many months for it to be processed as new claiments take priority.

:goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits