ESA

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ESA

Postby Bexbexbex » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:31 pm

Hi all again!
Sorry to be annoying totally confused about ESA.
Got my questionnaire through today and also got a letter separate saying I have been awarded and I'll be getting £111 a week?
Does that mean that I'll be getting that until I get assessed or what? I have no clue?
Thanks again sorry
Bexbexbex
UKFM Member

Re: ESA

Postby ruth2013 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:54 pm

Hi there,

Yes that is right, you will get that amount until you are assessed.

Regards,
Ruth :-o
ruth2013
UKFM Member

ESA

Postby Bexbexbex » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:01 pm

Oh right thanks for replying :) :) :)
Bexbexbex
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:27 pm

The initial amount you get is the assessment phase rate Bex. When you've completed and returned your form, they have received any additional info they may need, you've been for the work capability assessment, if they say you need one, and it has all been assessed, they will advise you of your fate.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby countyfan » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:34 pm

Thought I'd post my question on this thread as it is concerning ESA.

I had to give up work, after having the full amount of employer paid sick leave off, firstly because I am physically unable to cope with the heavy manual lifting involved and secondly, so that I didn't keep them from filling the post for another 16 weeks, while I was simply receiving SSP from the Government (As they are a healthcare company and I didn't want any patients to be adversely affected.)

I didn't think I would be able to claim anything as technically I had 'resigned' but when I spoke to someone at Job Centre they said that it was only JSA you can't claim straight away if you resign. I did a phone consultation but after they sent me a copy of the form, I have had to wait till today (After my last official day of notice period) to receive my P45!

I noticed that on the form it asks for an SSP1 form but I don't have that and am hoping that a P45 will be acceptable instead. I did try ringing them but was told that until I submit the form and they have a look at it, there is no way of saying if it will be OK. I only have until 2nd May to get things sent in so have included a note explaining.

After reading Bexbexbex's post, I now see that there are more forms that have to be filled in etc. I am also a bit unsure about the rates, because on DWP site it says a low rate for first 13 weeks and yet Bexbexbex was saying something about £100 but then I thought that maybe the income based amount. Unfortunately, as I have paid NI for 35 years, I will be getting the contribution based amount instead!
Only joking really, as I will get that irrespective of my husband's wages.

I am not worried about which group I get put in, because it seems it is difficult to get another job after being off sick for so long, even when you are trying to. I have been to 4 interviews sinc ei Had my neck operation, all of which I was well qualified for and even one at a lower level but that had had done previously. AND I DIDN'T GET OFFERD ANY OF THEM!

So I will just do what they say I have to and if the ESA people can get me a job then I will take it, because I am beginning to despair of ever getting one on my own now.... :cry:
countyfan
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits