devastated

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

devastated

Postby rosehip » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:31 pm

ive just had a letter this morning saying my esa as finished . i have rang then and thay have said i cant appeal . so i cant claim any money from anywere . my husband is working and not on good money and they are saying he now as to keep me. I am not even allowed dole money . i dont know what to do as anyone else had this happen
rosehip
UKFM Member

Re: devastated

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:41 pm

This is the new rules brought in for ESA so it has effected many.

There is alot of topics if you use the search bar, you may find some tips there.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby vampireangela » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:48 pm

omg im so sorry this has happened to you its discusting what there doing to people
vampireangela
UKFM Member

Postby babajane32 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:12 pm

Maybe you could qualify for tax credits? Also if u have certain levels of dla there is an extra premium on wtc that make it a bit more..
babajane32
UKFM Member

Postby katz65 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:20 pm

Hello
This is awful to read, I am very sorry to read this has happened to you. I think we are going to hear about alot of people having this happen to them soon :!:
I hope you find some solution very soon, I think its so unfair what they are doing to people :!: :!:
katz65
UKFM Member

Postby andrew623 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:51 am

Dear Rosehip,

I'm so sorry to hear this, like others have said, this has happened to many, it's disgusting and immoral in my view. Don't know what to say. I'm not sure, but is there any possibility of getting into the support group of ESA? A letter from your GP that not being put into the support group would have a substantial risk on your health? i.e financial hardship etc? (Regulation 35) of the ESA legislation. I don't know if you know but the support group doesn't have the 365 day limit. Perhaps others could advise on this as i'm no expert. Also, would you now be eligible for income related ESA, which also doesn't have a 365 day limit? Or, 3rd option, could you apply for job seekers, and when you get sent on placements/interviews etc, could you produce your sick paper or GP/Consultant report indicating that you are unfit for work, or would DWP sanction you for this, i'm not sure, perhaps someone else would have some experience of this. Surely, any resonsible employer would not take you on with a sick paper/report indicating that you are unfit for work. i.e, If you had an accident at your placement/work because of your illness, would the employer be liable for taking you on whilst you were deemed unfit? I feel your anguish though.
Best of luck.
Andrew.
andrew623
UKFM Member

Postby macca » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:24 pm

Hi, if your state of health has worsened to the point where you feel you now meet one of the support group descriptors and can provide medical support for that then you can write to DWP and ask for a supercession of the current award decision on the basis of a deterioration in health.

First things first google search the esa support group descriptors and see if you think you meet one of them.

Macca
macca
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:10 pm

maybe you could try Housing benefit?
especially your husband not earning much either
somewhere is a Housing benefit checker
could be you can get help with morgage, but not sure
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby lolo73 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:16 pm

Last option but make sure they stop paying your stamp (although this has consequences) so you can reapply in 12 weeks time. If they continue to pay your stamp you can't reapply :crazy:
lolo73
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits