Making a claim for PIP

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Making a claim for PIP

Postby shazq » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:55 pm

This link might come in handy for people wanting to claim PIP.

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/pip1003-how- ... u-form.pdf
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Re: Making a claim for PIP

Postby linda3719 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:32 pm

Thank you - was really helpful to read this - least I know what to expect. Called dwp today to put claim in

so start my waiting game now!!.

Thanks again :-D :-D :-D :-D

Linda x x
linda3719
UKFM Member

Postby ru.campbell » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

http://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/sites ... pt2013.pdf

This will tell you fill in the form. Just went thru this bit myself. Remember to put in as much detail of how the fibro affects you as possible. The better the case you make on paper, the less likely you are to have to go thru a rigorous physical exam--although I understand few escape it! Every detail--no matter how trivial it may seem. Thats what people have told me. Ru
ru.campbell
UKFM Member

Postby flip » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:13 pm

I Have sent in my pip form and know they received it. Have been told its been "sent over to Atos" That was nearly 7 weeks ago! Does any body know how long it takes to receive the letter for your Face to Face? :roll:
flip
UKFM Newbie

Postby helen.whittaker.125 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:32 pm

It took over 7 weeks for mine, I have my atos meeting on the 16th, dreading it as I've herd such horror stories about them, does anyone have any other stories of what they are like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
BB Helen x
helen.whittaker.125
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:55 pm

There is a backlog of PIP applications at the moment. It seems to be due to problems with the systems being used, number of claims being made and not enough assessors being available to carry out the assessments. Apparently Atos said they would have several hundred assessors ready and trained by now, but in reality they have struggled to come up with a tenth of that initial number.

From what I have read elsewhere, some centres are around 11 weeks behind with the forms being dealt with.

If you contact the office where your claim has been sent to, they might be able to give you an idea about how long things could take.

When All Else Fails, Hug your Teddy xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby dolphintara » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:12 pm

hi

hi there just to let you know that i had my pip meeting last week , the lady was really nice to me , i had my claim in since 12 june , she said they would hopefully have an answer in 4 weeks , hope this helps
dolphintara
UKFM Member

Postby helen.whittaker.125 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:27 pm

Thank you dolphintara x

BB Helen x
helen.whittaker.125
UKFM Member

Postby flip » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:08 pm

Thanks all;just hope its over before Xmas!
flip
UKFM Newbie

Postby helen.whittaker.125 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:27 am

Hear you there flip x

BB Helen x
helen.whittaker.125
UKFM Member

Postby norsworthy » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:27 pm

hi ive just been diagnosed and have been given amitryptiline and take co-codomol I also have a heart condition and take clopidogrel, bisoprelol and omeprazole im 51 and work 11.30 till 6every day in a nursery with 2- 3 year olds I get a 20 min tea break at 3.50 pm. my husband also has acromegaly (a pituitary tumour) although he works full time we both live with our 3 grown children 2 work and 1 is a student 3rdyear nurse on a low bursary who we support I lost my mum last nov she had vascular dementia and serious heart problems I was her carer and my 2 sons were diagnosed with epilepsy and I was in a car accident all this has occurred over the last 6 years my house hold is very busy and it seems like theres no escape I feel I need to give up work but feel so guilty as my husband still does work ( who am I to complain with what he has) but I also have to help him don't know if I would get pips or any other benefits as we have always worked its hard to stop but I cant carry on in this line of employment as iam always in pain and worn out butsome how manage to get through the day, can anyone please give me any advice. thankyou
norsworthy
UKFM Newbie

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:41 am

HI,

The PIP is for anyone in need of care for there disabilities and help with mobility needs.

If you need help/assistance each/most days for washing / bathing / dressing / cook meals then you will be able to apply. For standered rate you would need help or assistance to be able to prepare and cook a meal, need frequant help all throughout the day and with enhanced you would need care needs through the night as well as day. They have removed the Lower rate care.

Also any help needed to take medication / therapies or emotional needs like encouragement/prompting. If you need to look over someone to prevent them from harm or from harmiong someone else. This is included in care componant

WIth mobility if you need help and assistance to be able to get around out doors and in doors by leaning on someone whilst you walk for support or if you walk and walking causes severe pain and discomfort.

The mobility side says that for the enhanced rate you cannot walk up to 20metres or need assistance. Or between 20metres and 50metres if the illness/condition will cause your illness to deteriorate or symptoms worsen to an extreme point.

Anything betweenb 50/200metres may be concidered for the standerd rate and anything over 200metres has no place for mobility componant.

Putting in a claim for PIP doesnt necasserily go on what you have been diagnosed with its how symptoms effect you and how much care you need each day and help with mobility.

Hope this info helps.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby norsworthy » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:00 pm

Hi Lisa thankyou for the info really helpful and much appreciated.
norsworthy
UKFM Newbie

Postby ROSE123 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:46 pm

hi well i nearly fell over still can't believe it. I put a claim in for DLA and it was changed to pip so I completed another load of forms and then sent it in ,this was back in June of this year. The nurse came out to assess me last month, after having to fight for ESA i thought the same would happen with the pip but this month I have it. It just shows if the person assessing you is up to date with things and able to carry out a proper assessment then it all goes well! So I really hope all the people who have to apply for pip have a really good assessment with no hassle! :-)
ROSE123
UKFM Member

Postby helen.whittaker.125 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:42 am

Hi rose this gives me great hope , I put in my claim for pip in July it's still at ATOS but shouldn't be much longer. Xx

BB Helen xx
BB Helen x
helen.whittaker.125
UKFM Member

Next

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits