[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Making a claim for PIP

Making a claim for PIP

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Making a claim for PIP

Postby funnylady » Sun May 03, 2015 11:14 am

I have a shower and I have to get help with washing my hair because lifting my arms is to pain full.
All you have to do is be honest and give all the information you can doctors letters hospital letters form consultant.
I put in my forms a letter with a week of information of my day to day life and how it a fecks me.
I had to give pip a lot of information and I was honest.
funnylady
UKFM Member

Postby mayes » Sat May 09, 2015 11:03 am

Hi there I've try to claim pip and was turn down then look on the things I could do not on the ones I could not do I still work part time and struggle with the pain am in most of the time I have never claim any benifits in my life and when you need help most you get let down when there are people fit that can just go and tell lies and get it that's the way of the world .
mayes
UKFM Newbie

Postby cdcrossy » Sat May 09, 2015 3:04 pm

i just think its crazy that the assessment is the same for everyone despite there condition plus half the assessors haven't a clue about what we go threw with fibro. you do get a few that know about it and will agree with what we have but i think we just get treated like cattle and some get help others just get left in the wind. i just had my assessment and I'm not sure how its going to go. i get standard for both which I'm happy with i make sure I'm seen by the doc and anyone else I'm seeing. I'm waiting for a stair lift and a wash room to be installed at my house but the assessor just shrugged it off when i told her it was just a nightmare i do not wish to repeat anytime soon.
cdcrossy
UKFM Member

Postby Alipen1234 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:17 pm

Hi i am new to the group and newly diagnosed by my gp.i have been off work since dec2015 and i am struggling with the symptoms, i was an active person, until it would seem, overnight i was crippled in pain, can bearly move and terrible headaches.i was put on amitriptaline, then gabapentin.the first just made me spaced out,the later,feels like the pain and depression are worse than before.on good days i try to do what i can but then suffer for days after.i realise now that alot of my symptoms have been there on and off for several years, causing weeks off work at one time or another.how soon can i claim for pip? As financially i am struggling as im self employed, using a computer in my job.do i need to be referred to someone other than gp to get pip.i just cant see a light at the end of the tunnel with the pain and everything else.i have felt suicidal at times over recent months and yrs.can anyone help point me in right direction please
Alipen1234
UKFM Newbie

Postby Alipen1234 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:22 pm

Funnylady could i ask who helped with your forms plesse?
Alipen1234
UKFM Newbie

Postby littlesinger1 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:01 am

HI everyone just claimed pip and used this site for everything related to my claim,it gives you step by step intructions how to fill the forms out and what to say and do at your assessment. Just make sure you read and research the site thoughly,it costs £19 per year and has all the information about pip and esa.www.benefitsandwork.Co.uk hope it's helps.lyn x
littlesinger1
UKFM Newbie

Postby littlesinger1 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:41 pm

Try this website work and benefits, it really helped me from start to finish with my pip claim it's £19 per year but money well spent I got enhanced for mobility and care hope this helps :-D Xx
littlesinger1
UKFM Newbie

Postby littlesinger1 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:43 pm

Sorry just repeated myself fibro fog xx
littlesinger1
UKFM Newbie

Postby laura.dorans » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:57 pm

laura.dorans
UKFM Member

Postby perseus » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:49 am

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Previous

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits