[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Making a claim for PIP

Making a claim for PIP

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Making a claim for PIP

Postby Mye » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:14 pm

Hi everyone am new to the site. I have been reading all your comments on PIP, and am curious if anyone can tell me any info on what happens when I apply for PIP in oct 2015. At the moment I claim DLA high rate and middle rate care indefinite.. You have mentioned there is a long waiting time for claims to go through so if I apply am I still entitled to my DLA while the claim is being assessed
Mye
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:21 pm

:welcome: to the forum Mye :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

From what I understand about the roll out of PIP and transfer to it from DLA, you will carry on receiving your current DLA award until it is time for you to be moved over onto PIP. This could be when your claim is due for review, or when PIP is due to be rolled out in your area, with the chaos the system is in, it's not easy to say when. When this time arrives, you will be sent the forms to claim PIP, which will need to be completed and returned. Citizens Advice and other similar places should be able to help with filling them in if needed.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby sara_elizabeth » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:57 am

i tried applying for DLA but my GP wouldn't support my petition and i was turned down twice (once on appeal). no hope of applying again [for pip], GP still won't back me
I have loved to the point of madness, that which is called madness, that which to me is the only sensible way to love
sara_elizabeth
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:00 am

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:04 pm

What reason did your GP give to not support you?
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Gaynor123 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:35 pm

Hi I applied for pip last September I had my capitta appointment on Wednesday I've never been spoken to like that in my 43yrs the woman assessor didn't introduce herself I said she was making me feel uncomfortable so she said if I didn't like it there was the door .I was diagnosed last march 2013 by a neurologist and started my amatriptoline and naproxen I work for the nhs as a nursing assistant on the community looking after palliative patients I do only part time as I'm in a lot of pain .This has caused me great stress since Wednesday I really think they treat you so bad to try to put you off I am going to write a complaints letter to the dwp they should never use this process that woman was a so called nurse I work with nurses doctors physiology therapists and other health professionals every day she certainly was not a compassionate person
Gaynor123
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:16 pm

You are right, you shouldnt have been spoken to like that so I would definitely make a complaint :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: you get some satisfaction and an apology
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Gaynor123 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:04 pm

Hi , I've sent two emails to capita asking for a phone number and the name of the assesor so I can check her credentials on the NMC as I work for nhs but still no reply going to write to local mp this so called nurse wrote an assesment on myself not even reading my consultants diagnosis letter she's wrote false report no wonder there's a lot of angry individuals out there I am willy to work that's all I'm saying is I need a little help I didn't choose to have this condition and would obviously would like to be well sorry about my little rant haven't been sleeping to well .
Gaynor123
UKFM Newbie

Postby Lipgloss- junkie » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:17 am

I made a claim for PIP in October, was handed over to ATOS on 25 th October, still waiting for my face to face. Foned the Dwp in January and said as it has been handed over to Atos they can't deal with what is going on, I then foned ATOS and I got some jumped up little tart saying we can't give you a date, time or expected date for a face to face.. Don't know where to go now, CAB? back to DWP or just sit and wait, any ideas? TIA x
Lipgloss- junkie
UKFM Newbie

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:28 am

As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby kele12 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:47 am

hi ive have been just been diagnosed with FM, 4 months ago after years of suffering. I have put a claim in for pip just wondering if anyone who has applied has been accepted. Heard its unlikly with FM. Also just found out its fibromylagia awareness day on may 12th which just happens to be my birthday. :crazy:
kele12
UKFM Newbie

Postby DebiP10 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:35 pm

Hi, ive just plucked up the courage to phone DWP to make a claim for PIP. Ive never felt so sick and nervous in my life. Although the lady on the phone was nice enough the whole experience of querying to make a claim has made me feel sick. Ive never claimed any benefit and worked all my adult life, im still employed but have been on long term sick for 5 months now and cant see anything in the near future when or even if i will be able to get back. I know there are places like CAB and Welfare Rights that i can go to to help fill the form in once it arrives but if anyone can pm me with some advice on it i would really appreciate it :-?
DebiP10
UKFM Member

Postby trigger » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:36 pm

Hi guys just here is my story about PI P! I sent my form of in June last year had too medicals god knows how may phone calls to Capita but finally got the dread brown envelope and to my surprise i have got it . 53.00 a week care but no mobility and back dated to june 2013.
There are a few things i could contest but not going to as it took this long so when you feel like giving up don't just hang in there :-)
trigger
UKFM Member

Postby DebiP10 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:19 am

Fantastic news trigger :) anything is better than nothing plus you have it all backdated so that is great. so happy for you x
DebiP10
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:25 pm

Great news trigger!!! Every successful claim we hear about adds a little more to the big pot of hope for others currently going thru the process, or wondering about whether to apply or not :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

PreviousNext

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits