[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Making a claim for PIP

Making a claim for PIP

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Making a claim for PIP

Postby Essjay » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:14 pm

I've just had a response today about my PIP

I've been rejected

the report reads like i am able to carry out a normal life.
They have said I can walk 200 meters aided when in the assessment I told the woman I could probably do about 100 but would need to stop before continuing. I use a crutch all the time as walking now extremely painful
She doesn't even mention my level of depression, because My brain functions and I put my own medications ready every week though I did explain to her that my husband and I do them on a Sunday. scored 0
The fact that I can cook a meal aided scored me 0
the fact that i can Bath with grip rails etc scored me 0
She has said i don't need help to plan a journey But i explained to her that all journeys are well worked out , if somewhere unusual we would plan vigorously the night before to stop me worrying about the journey.
Basically don't think the woman that did my assessment listened to me at all.
The whole thing has been made out to look like i was lying.
I am going to go back to my doctors as soon as I can get an appointment I am at Physio again on Monday.
I don't know what to do know we only get 113.00 a week for the two of us on ESA my husband is not well enough to work at the moment hes waiting a couple operations.
I will appeal but by what the assessor has said I have no chance,
Essjay
UKFM Newbie

Postby funnylady » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:29 pm

Hi everyone filled in my forms 10 weeks ago.
Got turned down the first time so I appeal against it.
a couple of weeks later I got a phone call from pip on a Monday they asked a couple of question to check my information I sent was in order.
the Friday of the same week I got the later saying I am getting pip and they back dated it for the full ten weeks.
very happy now I am sorted.
But I did get help with the forms . :-D
funnylady
UKFM Member

Postby antinorrmal » Sat May 02, 2015 1:25 pm

Hi
I have made a claim for p.i.p in December. ..I have fibromyalgia, sleep apnea, asthma, ibs, diverticulitis, suffer migrants, restless leg syndrome
I have a assessment on may 20th
I am scared as expected. I really need to be awarded as we are financially struggling and have court orders against us now due to borrowing.
I have read some people are successful but at what rate is their award for and how long for
thanku
antinorrmal
UKFM Newbie

Postby Dogcat » Sat May 02, 2015 7:26 pm

Hi,

I have made a claim for DLA ( before pip came in) twice...and turned down twice.....the second time I made an appeal....still turned down,
I had a home visit,...I had loads of hosp. Info and that obviously wasn't enough.

My problems have now got slightly worse...so may apply again...third time lucky?

I have fibro...ulcerative colitis..amongnst loads of other stuff going on, now find it extremely painful to walk, or bathe etc. watch this space!
Dogcat
UKFM Newbie

Postby funnylady » Sun May 03, 2015 11:14 am

I have a shower and I have to get help with washing my hair because lifting my arms is to pain full.
All you have to do is be honest and give all the information you can doctors letters hospital letters form consultant.
I put in my forms a letter with a week of information of my day to day life and how it a fecks me.
I had to give pip a lot of information and I was honest.
funnylady
UKFM Member

Postby mayes » Sat May 09, 2015 11:03 am

Hi there I've try to claim pip and was turn down then look on the things I could do not on the ones I could not do I still work part time and struggle with the pain am in most of the time I have never claim any benifits in my life and when you need help most you get let down when there are people fit that can just go and tell lies and get it that's the way of the world .
mayes
UKFM Newbie

Postby cdcrossy » Sat May 09, 2015 3:04 pm

i just think its crazy that the assessment is the same for everyone despite there condition plus half the assessors haven't a clue about what we go threw with fibro. you do get a few that know about it and will agree with what we have but i think we just get treated like cattle and some get help others just get left in the wind. i just had my assessment and I'm not sure how its going to go. i get standard for both which I'm happy with i make sure I'm seen by the doc and anyone else I'm seeing. I'm waiting for a stair lift and a wash room to be installed at my house but the assessor just shrugged it off when i told her it was just a nightmare i do not wish to repeat anytime soon.
cdcrossy
UKFM Member

Postby Alipen1234 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:17 pm

Hi i am new to the group and newly diagnosed by my gp.i have been off work since dec2015 and i am struggling with the symptoms, i was an active person, until it would seem, overnight i was crippled in pain, can bearly move and terrible headaches.i was put on amitriptaline, then gabapentin.the first just made me spaced out,the later,feels like the pain and depression are worse than before.on good days i try to do what i can but then suffer for days after.i realise now that alot of my symptoms have been there on and off for several years, causing weeks off work at one time or another.how soon can i claim for pip? As financially i am struggling as im self employed, using a computer in my job.do i need to be referred to someone other than gp to get pip.i just cant see a light at the end of the tunnel with the pain and everything else.i have felt suicidal at times over recent months and yrs.can anyone help point me in right direction please
Alipen1234
UKFM Newbie

Postby Alipen1234 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:22 pm

Funnylady could i ask who helped with your forms plesse?
Alipen1234
UKFM Newbie

Postby littlesinger1 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:01 am

HI everyone just claimed pip and used this site for everything related to my claim,it gives you step by step intructions how to fill the forms out and what to say and do at your assessment. Just make sure you read and research the site thoughly,it costs £19 per year and has all the information about pip and esa.www.benefitsandwork.Co.uk hope it's helps.lyn x
littlesinger1
UKFM Newbie

Postby littlesinger1 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:41 pm

Try this website work and benefits, it really helped me from start to finish with my pip claim it's £19 per year but money well spent I got enhanced for mobility and care hope this helps :-D Xx
littlesinger1
UKFM Newbie

Postby littlesinger1 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:43 pm

Sorry just repeated myself fibro fog xx
littlesinger1
UKFM Newbie

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:11 pm

FURTHER INFORMATION FOR FILLING IN A PIP FORM

There a are a few good websites i have come accross that may help people with there PIP claims.

First off you need to understand the question before you tick a box. Please be aware that even if you feel you may not relate to a question you may do, so reading all about the questions helps.

CAB questions:

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benef ... l-in-form/

This website also gives advice on how to reply to a question and gives you guidlines and tips.

You also need to know and understand the points system before you tick a box.

See here: http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/person ... nts-system

For each component of PIP, you need at least 8 points to get the standard rate or 12 points to get the enhanced rate.

:goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby laura.dorans » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:57 pm

laura.dorans
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:16 am

MY TIPS FOR P.I.P

PREPERATION (In no particular order)

1: If you can, ask any professionals that you see (NHS/privately) for your health conditons and disabilities for a report. Some will, some won't. Some will want to wait until/if their asked by DWP but its worth the try!

2: Visit your my GP and if you cannot get an early enough appointment ask if you can leave a note for them. When seeing GP take with you some notes on your care needs (enure to add info relevant to the forms) and information on your mobility (What distance you can walk before needing to stop because of symptoms/severe pain and exhaustion) for them to add to your file so its on the system for guidence. Talk about all your difficaulties and if anyone care for you or what care you need. Ask for any professional reports/x/rays/MRI's etc... on file to be printed off as evidance.

If leaving a note for GP, again make sure you explain that DWP maybe contacting them as you have a form in to fill. As above explain all care and mobility needs and ask them to put this info on your files. You can ask receptionist to print off any reports you need for your claim.

3: Call up anyone that can help you fill out the forms if you feel you cannot do it alone. CAB can help, theres 3 ways. You can either talk on phone, visit them or request a home visit. You can ask family or friends to help.

4: If you have any previous photocopies of ESA/DLA/PIP forms I would bring them out as they can help guide you (if you had an award). Always photocopy everything you post to DWP for referance / if it gets lost in the post. Always send your forms off recorded or special delivery so you have proof of postage.

5: If your attempting this yourself or with family or friends, make sure you have enough paper, pens, printer ink and stationary. Last thing you want to do when in the middle of the forms is run out of anything.

6: When filling forms out without outside sources I recommend researching PIP information on filling out the forms. The CAB website I found to be of great help. The link is on a post above. I also found websites for arthritis and M.E with lots of information. This helped guide me in joint stiffness and fatigue. Its finding info on your symptoms.

7: Book mark the PIP points system (link on post above) this is a must as you need to know what question/s you fit into as a guide to working around them as well as the information guide provided on PIP questionaire form.

8: Ask people that care for you or have ever assisted or supported you within the past few years to write a report, just a simple letter explaining how they care/have cared for you, even if its just something you felt was minor. It all goes towards supporting your claim. This can be anyone from a friend, family or neighbour.

9: Photocopy all evidence you are putting into your claim, never send orginals.

10: Write a *to do* list ensuring everything will be covered and nothing will be missed out. You can write this out in order or just a tick list.

11: If your getting help for an outside source, make sure you have your information to hand. Doctors name, adddress and phone number. Names and addresses of other professionals who have seen you for your health conditions and disabilities. Get your prescription to hand so they write medications and dosages down correctly.

12: Ask chemist/GP surgery for a copy of your repeat prescription so you can send in with your forms.

FORM FILLING

1: On each questions look at your guides. This for example can be the CAB website, PIP information booklet etc... and look at the points system. This will help you to work out what question you feell you fit into to work around, as well as the information asked on the form.

2: Ensure you include if you cannot do the activity ‘safely’ ‘repeatedly’ ‘timely manner’ or to an 'acceptable standard’ The 4 important words the DWP want to know.

3: Dont forget to look over previous forms if you have them for guidence or information you may of missed.

4: Try and include examples. Give them an understanding of the difficaulties and symptoms that have happened before and any injuries occured. Example: I need assistance to be able to get out of the bath safely. This is because last week I attempted getting out of the bath by myself and because I could not lift my leg high enough from the stiffness and weakness in my legs, I slipped and fell out of the bath. As a result I injured myself with many cuts and bruises. This why I am in need of assistance when bathing.

5: Describe symptoms as best you can. How the pain feels. Example: My legs are so stiff when I mobilise it feels like Im walking through water. Mental health example: On a panick attack I cannot breathe, it feels like I am breathing through a straw.

6: Always add what care you need not just about what care you have. Example: I need someone to assist me in washing and bathing because.....

7: List aids and appliance you need as well as what you have. Example: I have a raised toilet seat but I need a hand rail either side of the toilet for support when raising from the toilet because of........(add reason why)

8: Put down all of the medications and therapies etc you have had in the past not just the ones you have now. Include private care and over the counter items/meds etc....

9: Additional Information. For this I would advise to maybe put down about how your overall health has affected you. Examples: Has your conditions and disabilities stopped you from being able to work? Has it caused any impact on your family? (have you missed out on childrens plays/concerts/sports days because of the ilness) anything you feel could help with your claim.

This is just my guide. it may be of help to someone.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

PreviousNext

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits