suprise suprise turned down

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

suprise suprise turned down

Postby sparkles87 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:48 pm

HI everyone got my letter telling me my claim for DLA wasn't successful today.

I have just composed my letter to ask them to change their mind due to the reasons they stated I was not eligible being in my claim i stated i needed help getting off the sofa and they said "you do not need help getting out of a chair" I said i was no longer able to peel vegetables or fruit and they stated you are able to prepare a whole meal for one without assistance. It states i'm not eligible for motability because i can walk 60m very slowly with aids so i have replied i can do it but not without severe discomfort

I honestly think they do not read the forms properly every point they gave me to not allow my claim i had put that i couldnt do in the original form im so glad i kept a copy

anyone know what happens now if this gets turned down. :-P :-P :-P :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
*~*~*~*~*~*~wishing you all a pain free day*~*~*~*~*~*~

lots of gentle hug spakles
sparkles87
UKFM Newbie

Re: suprise suprise turned down

Postby ruth2013 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:54 pm

Hello,

Its very simple, you go to a tribunal.

You will get a decision there and then. This can take up to a year.

Hang in there, I am about to start the journey myself.

We will get there in the end, stay positive.

Ruth :-D
ruth2013
UKFM Member

Postby lolo73 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:55 pm

I am sorry to hear this, I got the exact same reply, I was confused :crazy: because I clearly wrote on the forms that I couldn't the things they said I could do. I didn't get my appeal in on time and now they are dragging their feet as to whether the appeal will be allowed. :cry:
lolo73
UKFM Member

Postby 123rachelf » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:32 pm

I appealed for exactly the same reasons, everything I put on my form that I couldn't do they said I could so I wrote to them and said exactly that, that the reasons they turned me down didn't correspond with my application!! I now have a dr from atos coming to assess me at home tomorrow. Good luck with your appeal x
123rachelf
UKFM Newbie

Postby countyfan » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:39 am

Hi All,

Just to encourage you. I think that they turn down most people for DLA when they first claim. Exactly the same happened to me. They sent out a Dr to assess me at home and yes, he said I could do most things, even though I struggled to complete the tasks. I was not in a position to follow it up to a tribunal at the time so I let it go.

However, I have had a fairly rapid decline in the past 6 months, resulting in my having to have surgery on my neck, so I applied again.
This time I included copies of all my consultant letters etc and then forgot about it. Imagine my surprise when out of the blue, I got a txt informing me I had been awarded lower rate care. At first I thought it was some kind of scam Lol.

I think that they want to see if you are really prepared to keep going in the fight to get what you need, to help make your life that bit easier, so DON'T GIVE UP! It's just so annoying that those who cheat the system seem to get DLA really easily with no questions asked and the people who truly need it are made to feel like scroungers themselves, as a consequence..

:-)
countyfan
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits