DLA anyone successful new & just diagnosed

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

DLA anyone successful new & just diagnosed

Postby Rebecca1984 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:57 pm

Hi,

I'm about to fill in my DLA form and was wondering if anyone out there has been successful? :-)
Rebecca1984
UKFM Newbie

Re: DLA anyone successful new & just diagnosed

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:31 pm

Moved you into here Rebecca with you asking about DLA as it's a more suitable part of the forum.

There are successful claimants, some of the posts on here are from those who hve been successful. DLA isn't paid because of the illnesses/conditions someone has tho, it is paid based on how someone is affected care and mobility wise by all their health issues.

For completing the forms, we usually suggest getting help from someone who is familiar with the benefits system and knows how to state things in response to the questions to give you the best chance possible. Places that can provide this kind of help incl Citizens Advice, Welfare Rights. There are also often small, local organisations that can help as well. A bit of Googlying or a call to your local council may give you some details of who is in your area. This website http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/ is also a mine of info about how to claim various benefits. To access all their info and guides a membership fee needs to be paid, but there is also a lot of info that can be accessed for free. Plus asking Mr Googly often throws up some useful linkys and guides from a variety of places.

There's more I was intending to say, but as I'm starting to go :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: and my head is :hit1: :hit1: :hit1: :hit1: :hit1: with being online too long, I need to take it as my cue to :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: off for tonight I'm afraid.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits