ESA missed payment

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ESA missed payment

Postby Bexbexbex » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:51 pm

Sorry I need to vent!
Meant to be getting my first proper ESA payment today... Checked bank, not there? So I called them at 8.30am this morning "no worries we shall get a same day payment through to you" I thought wow that's brilliant at least I'll still get something today.

Waited and waited.

Called at 3pm, still no payment, they can still be processing it until 4.30pm.

Just called there as its past half 4 and haven't had payment or a call yet, and the girl told me, after being on hold for 20 minutes, that I'll have to wait until Monday, even though the payment department shuts at 5pm, this was at 4.35pm. Plenty of time in my opinion.

Can't believe it. All weekend with £5 to last me my daughter and my partner..... :( oh the joys.

Sorry. Just needed to rage haha!
Hopefully Monday morning they will have it sorted xxx
Bexbexbex
UKFM Member

Re: ESA missed payment

Postby clubsound4 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:57 pm

Hi, just recently because of work being done on my case Ive had to wait as well however it eventually appears in my account at the close of banking ie 5pm, I would put in a complaint if you have to wait to Monday that is ridiculous, :nono: good luck
clubsound4
UKFM Member

Postby shortnsweet54 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:31 pm

Hi Bex,
this is absolutely stupid...not as if they didn't have ALL day to do it. All you can do is wait till Monday and see if payment is in the bank sadly.
I would complain after that as these inept idiots need to be kept on their toes, there is just no excuse for it. I'm mid complaint about some unanswered letters and issues and after an email last night had a phone call today.
My way of thinking is complaints must surely be logged somewhere and each complaint must add up against them. i really don't think we should let them off the hook so easily...if it were us that owed them...whoosshhhhh the money would be taken off our benefits no questions asked.

hope all will be well love..keep at them
Jan x
shortnsweet54
UKFM Member

ESA missed payment

Postby Bexbexbex » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:23 pm

Yes I am definitely going to put a complaint in. Feel so annoyed :(

Going to be checking my bank constantly until I call them first thing Monday morning!

Thanks for the replying everyone :) xx
Bexbexbex
UKFM Member

Postby shortnsweet54 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:34 pm

Hi bex,
good for you, although it's not going to help you this weekend if no money is paid in. This seems to be happening all too often and needs to be stopped. They cannot get away with leaving people with no money.
Well we're busy...tough, not your problem, don't take any rubbish off them.

I've just sent an email " a register of concern" to DWP/JC about unanswered letters and questions not answered...got a list of who to email if it will help you.
They really don't like it.....shame :lol: ...bit of what they dish out back at them in my view. :lol:

take care
Jan x
shortnsweet54
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:31 pm

IF you have concerns about procedures in any governement department I would also ask your MP to investigate on your behalf. Its amazing what happens in Government offices when a Parlimentary Question comes thier way, you might at least get a speedy response,you could also cc it to the Minister concerned as then it must be logged against the Department!

Just a thought
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

ESA missed payment

Postby Bexbexbex » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:43 am

Oh if you could let me know who to email that would be great.

I'm going to phone first thing Monday morning. It's not fair, I've had to borrow money off my mum but what if I never had any family around me to borrow from? Then what would I do to feed my daughter :(

Many thanks for your replies xxx
Bexbexbex
UKFM Member

Postby millymoodoo » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:23 am

Hi

It really makes me cross when they do things like this!!!! How on earth are you meant to put food on the table with only £5 to last the whole weekend and especially where children are involved!!! They had all day to deal with sorting out your payment and they couldnt manage it in that time, i think it is absoloutly disgusting. Through no fault of our own we have no choice in claiming benefits, its a small enough amount without them not paying it at all and making you wait for it when it should in fact have been paid. It is outragious almost as though they are wanting you to beg for your payment it is so very wrong, none of us chose to be diagnosed with fibro, i would do anything to have my health and work like normal people then we wouldnt have to go through all of this feeling like 2nd class citizens. I really do feel for you.

:hugs: and i hope things are resolved quickly on monday, take care
Milly :lol: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby shortnsweet54 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:59 am

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3621981 ... 173892600/

should list all the email addresses xxxx
shortnsweet54
UKFM Member

Postby lolo73 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:31 pm

Have you been paid yet? I had a similar problem that they had been given all my paper work for weeks and still didn't pay me, half term came up and I had no money to sort the kids out with so I phoned them and within an hour I got a call back to say the money was in my bank. It was about 6 weeks after the start of the claim though.
lolo73
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits