dla letter is this a good sign?

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

dla letter is this a good sign?

Postby masonsbarms » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:32 pm

hi, i made a claim for dla and had to have the form back by the 19th march,

i needed help to fill it in and could only get this on the 19th so they only got it on the 20th, disc who helped me said they would let them know why it would be late,

i then had a letter saying they were looking at my claim andthen one saying they were writeing to my gp.

today i have recieved a letter asking for the reason it was late stateing

we need to know this so that we candecide when we may be able to pay benefit from,

please send us this information by 8/5,13 if you do not you may lose some money.

do you think this sound hopeful or not.

thanks

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Re: dla letter is this a good sign?

Postby Nan213 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:09 pm

Hi you could still be turned down for DLA but don't give up appeal n if that doesn't work go to tribunal I did n won and make sure u send letter in to say why it was late x
Nan213
UKFM Newbie

Postby Iceskatemum » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:43 pm

As my granny used to say MB "don't count your chickens before they hatch " :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :lol:

If I was being a total pesimist and the glass was half empty .......... It could be 'cause some one has just done a random check of the file to ensure all procedure have been carried out correctly and then realised that your application was later than the date indicated it had to be back for and is therefore checking up the reason it was delayed, just so that they can then update the information on file. :(

If I was being the glass half full total optimist :-) .......then yes I would take it as a good sign . Namely the powers that be have got a response from the GP and having reviewed the evidence, are content that you fulfil the criteria for certain levels of DLA. (:-o :-o HRM & HRC :lol: )

If I was still in my optomistic haze I would,go on to hope details of award to be received very soon, once they are told why it was late.....perhaps you need to let them know with something along the lines of ""unfortunatly I wasn't feeling very well around the time that the form had to be returned this therefore led to a delay in returning the completed form to your office " after all they are they going to penalise you for being disabled !!

If my optimistic haze comes true I'm sure the chickens would be having a party :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance:

Hope you can't count the chickens because they're too busy dancing :-D

xx
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby masonsbarms » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:53 pm

hi thanks for the replys,

im in the midle of the glass and will only believe its true if i see it in black and white, but i am hopeing i will be at leaste doing the hand jive,

i will make sure it back to them by teusday at the latest,

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:32 pm

:goodluck1: MB. i hope its a good sign.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Iceskatemum » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:37 pm

:fingerscrossed: that you get a good result. don't forget to let us know how things go :-D
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits