In support group only six months got another form.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

In support group only six months got another form.

Postby munclesmubb » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:47 pm

Hi all.

Last September I was meant to go to a atos medical. Due to the stress of it I ended up in hospital in the middle of having a heart attack.
My GP sent atos a letter which made then put me straight into the support group.

I was very surprised to see another form in the post which brings me back to square one.

What is going on?

The stress of it put me in hospital last time. I don't wont a repeat.

My dad phoned because I was to stressed about it, he phoned to ask what was going on.
They said I was on the six month review and that's why I got the form.
How they think a 10 year heart condition and a long term fibro, costo condition can clear up in six months stumps me.

I am going to see my GP soon and I suppose it's form filling time. I have a copy of the first form which should help.

I just can believe it.

If any one has any ideas or help then that would be great. I am trying not to worry but it is hard.

Thanks.

Chris (munclesmubb)
munclesmubb
UKFM Member

Re: In support group only six months got another form.

Postby Mazz64 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:15 pm

Hi Chris

Sorry to hear Atos are on to you again they are like a bad smell that never goes away...i had a tribunal last November (second one) as Atos only gave me 6 points..i won at tribunal and they recommened i not be called back for 1 year (as if i will be better by then..one can only hope they are right)i was put in to the WCA or what ever its called..but it would not suprise me if i was called back before then...

I would talk to your Dr about this and see if there is anything he/she can do, perhaps a letter to go in with your form to outline the stress this causes you and what happened last time..i know i'm not much help but i really wish you well..try not to stress too much about it i know thats easy to say..when i had my first tribunal i was so stressed it was terrible..on my second one i didn't stress myself at all until the day before and then i went in to melt down..i told the tribunal the truth about my condition and the Atos "medical" and how frustrated i was with the lots of it.. they were really nice and even tho i was told i wouldn't get an answer on the day because they were so busy, they said i had stressed my self enough and gave me an answer there and then.

I really hope this can be sorted out for you very quickly

best wishes
Mary
Mazz64
UKFM Member

Postby helen w » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:04 pm

So sorry you are experiencing problems. Wish they really knew what it is like to be on this benefit. We do not have illness by choice.
Anyhow I am hoping I can help you. 2 of my friends were in a similar situation to yourself. When the dreaded brown envelope arrived they phoned to explain their condition had not improved or may be worse....one got a dr letter to back this up and the other got a letter saying they would remain in the support group. Neither had to go for a so called medical or go through any more stress.
Really hope it turns out to be like this for you too....give it a try and good luck xxxxxx
helen w
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:08 pm

Try to get some help with completing the form Chris. Citizens Advice is one such organisation that might be able to help, plus areas often have local groups that can help and advise with this. Try Googlying your area and benefits advice, plus your local council should also have info/details of who is in your area so try getting in touch with them.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby munclesmubb » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:13 pm

Thanks everyone.
munclesmubb
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits