ESA medical- emotional wreck

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ESA medical- emotional wreck

Postby lolo73 » Wed May 01, 2013 8:15 pm

Went for the ESA medical today and I just sat sobbing all the way through it. I am normally such a strong person but I couldn't help it, every question made me look a crap mother and wife, and in truth a burden on society. When I got to some questions about cooking etc I couldn't even answer but the interviewer still put stuff on the computer, I am guessing probably not in my favor. Anyone else left to feel this way at a medical? I was close to fainting I was so hot and bothered, she had to get a fan on me. How long until I get an answer, although expecting nil points. :crazy:
lolo73
UKFM Member

Re: ESA medical- emotional wreck

Postby clubsound4 » Wed May 01, 2013 8:42 pm

hi, when I went for mine the person said ok we will write to you I said look Im a very nervy person cant you tell me now?? they sat me outside and then called me back in to say I had won my appeal, you usually hear within a day or two,,good luck :-D
clubsound4
UKFM Member

Postby lolo73 » Wed May 01, 2013 8:44 pm

Clubsound, sorry I should have specified, it was just the medical today. :-?
lolo73
UKFM Member

Postby gary who? » Sun May 05, 2013 1:56 pm

Hi. I had my medical with ATOS back in March. I have just receieved the ESA85, I could'nt understand it and asked the friend I took with me to go through it.

There are discrepencies in it. I recorded the whole lot on my phone and my friend also on a audio and visual device...namely a SPY PEN. Going over it tomorrow and well, basically going to call the ATOS GP a liar.

Don't let it make you feel bad, it's not your fault you are poorly. Just take one day at a time.

Keep Well
gary who?
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Sun May 05, 2013 2:35 pm

hi Lolo,

sorry to hear about this ordeal
for the time being there is nothing really you can do
was someone with you, if yes, you could ask that person for a feed back?
don't beat yourself up about it, beating yourself up won't change a thing, you will only make yourself worse
and second guessing won't help either

those medicals either with ESA, Occu Health doc etc make me always feel useless
you were bombarded within a very short time with many questions about your ability
and the realisation how we were and how we are now hits us like the s**t hitting the fan

somehow in a normal day we seem to blank stuff out, or in my case I have forgotten that I forget, and it is like a self prevention to stay sane
we do what we can and pot along as good as possible
but being confronted with all in 30 minutes is far to much to take in

I hope the person who saw you is experienced and will see this
I am not a mother but I think every mother thinks she is crap, might come with the job
so I don't think you are a crap mum, nor a crap wife
you might be more aware of your short comings and therefore compansate it in other ways

all the best
lots of :flowers:
:blowkiss:
Lu
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits