STRUGGLING WITH WORK, AM SINGLE, HAVE MORTGAGE . HELP

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

STRUGGLING WITH WORK, AM SINGLE, HAVE MORTGAGE . HELP

Postby Hayley4321 » Tue May 07, 2013 11:01 am

I am a single parent, work 30 hours per week in a nursery and own a 2 bed starter home. I have depression and FM.... and am struggling!!! Help!! Any ideas of help would be great
Hayley4321
UKFM Member

Re: STRUGGLING WITH WORK, AM SINGLE, HAVE MORTGAGE . HELP

Postby SaraFibro » Tue May 07, 2013 11:28 am

Definitely go to citizens advice to see what help there is out there. You should be entitled to Disability living allowance (DLA) which could help you but its a long road and things have just changed in the process so CAB would be the best place to start. Have you looked at working tax credits as well? Also contact Access to Work, they can help with travel costs to and from work ....can't think of anything else at the moemnt but a chat with your doctor should help too.... good luck
The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest her or his patients in the care of the human frame, in a proper diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease - Thomas A. Edison
SaraFibro
UKFM Member

Postby Hayley4321 » Thu May 16, 2013 8:26 pm

Thanks for your reply I ve now got transport to and from work through Access to Work..... which will help for the time being but I will definitely speak to Citizens Advise
Hayley4321
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Fri May 17, 2013 3:17 am

Thats great that you have the Access to work allowance,and have help with your transport at least that is one weight off your mind.

I would definately go and seek advice on other benefits that you may be entitled to . Even if you apply for some and only get a nominal award because you work it may just be enought to open up doors to other schemes and benefits.

good luck
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby Hayley4321 » Sun May 26, 2013 6:07 pm

Good idea Iceskatemum Thanks
Hayley4321
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits