Severe Disability Premium to go under UC

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Severe Disability Premium to go under UC

Postby *Lisa* » Tue May 07, 2013 5:50 pm

The government is taking away the severe disability premium when the Universal credit comes in, in October this year.

Thousands of people will have over 3,000 a year taken away from them!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

See here

http://thehardesthit.wordpress.com/2012 ... y-premium/

Thats up to 50% a week of there moneys taken away just like that! and nothing is going to replace this...

What angers me even more is that not one person i know of in receipt of this benefit has been notified :evil:

So i will sticky this topic as a warning to anyone receiving this benefit and if in doubt or worried contact your local Job centre or DWP benefts line for more information on how you may be effected.

There is no reason why, no back up for people who are gonna be in dire straits. Oh i just wanna :face-slap: Mr. IDS :face-slap:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: Severe Disability Premium to go under UC

Postby *Lisa* » Tue May 07, 2013 6:03 pm

Another linky here...

http://welfarenewsservice.com/disabled- ... urce=pubv1

"But the biggest losers would be working people with disabilities, as the government’s decision to scrap the severe disability premium – an allowance for people without an adult carer – would cost some £3,000 a year."
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Jeyo » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:34 pm

Can soneone clarify for me, with PIP are there only 2 rates, standard and enhanced? Are you eligible for this disability premium if you have standard PIP for care and standard for mobility?
Jeyo
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:56 pm

Jeyo wrote:Can soneone clarify for me, with PIP are there only 2 rates, standard and enhanced? Are you eligible for this disability premium if you have standard PIP for care and standard for mobility?

Yes only 2 rates. Standered & Enhanced Care & Standered & Enhanced Mobility.

To be eligable for disability premium under the PIP you just need any care award.
*Lisa*

Postby Jeyo » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:29 am

Thank you Lisa. I have just received the assessor's report and I have 8 points in care and 8 points in mobility. I think that makes me standard for both, is that right?
Jeyo
UKFM Member

Postby perseus » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:57 am

This issue was raised in parliament by some MPs last month. Apparently, the DWP has no idea how many people are affected!

On 10 January, I asked the Department to provide me with the number of people who had had their benefits withdrawn or suspended in the process of transferring from disability living allowance to personal independence payment. It wrote back on 13 January to say that it did not know; is that not shocking?

The loss of the severe disability premium has taken nearly £62 a week out of the pockets of the most critically disabled. Cuts to the disabled child addition mean that 100,000 disabled children stand to lose up to £29 a week. Cuts to the severe disability premium mean that disabled lone parents with young carers stand to lose £58 a week. Those in the work-related activity group who receive employment and support allowance will lose around £30 a week.

https://kingstonelabour.org/2017/01/19/ ... ouseholds/
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:28 pm

Jeyo wrote:Thank you Lisa. I have just received the assessor's report and I have 8 points in care and 8 points in mobility. I think that makes me standard for both, is that right?

Yes that should be for both Standered rates, anything between 8 to 11 as Enhanced you need 12 or more.
*Lisa*

Postby Jeyo » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:08 pm

Do you know how long it takes to get the official decision after receiving the assessor's report?
Jeyo
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:24 pm

After being assessed it goes onto the decision makers, they make the final outcome. You should then be told and it be active asap with any back dated pay.

As soon as you have confirmation which is is normaly just a week or two after assessment then you can apply for the disability premium. You will need to call DWP and ask for a form to fill in regards to applying for the SDP and they will go through the eligability to make sure your able. Once you filled out the forms and sent in the evidance needed, this should only take a few weeks to process and they will back date payements from the day you were awarded the standered rate of PIP.

Always remember to send any forms and information/documents via recorded or special delivery, that way you have evidence of postage.
*Lisa*

Postby Jeyo » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:30 pm

Oh thank you so much Lisa, you've been a great help x
Jeyo
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits