[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - The Equalities in Work Act

The Equalities in Work Act

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Wendy 28 » Wed May 08, 2013 6:29 pm

Hi there,

I've lived with FM for over 10 years now and the company I work for have been fully aware of the situation for at least 4 years as both there's and mine understanding of the condition has only become apparent over the last 5 or so years. I had a desk assessment last year after waiting over 12 months for the assistance and have been interviewed by a nurse from First Assist who explained that my employer needs to be more sympathetic and less imposing on any incidents of sickness I may suffer. She also stated that my condition is covered under the Equalities in Work Act. Please could someone explain my rights in full to enable me to discuss this with my manager as HR want to put me on a stage 1, which I understand the are not able to do according to a colleague also suffering with FM. I'd love to hear some reassurance on this matter xx
Wendy 28
UKFM Member

Re: The Equalities in Work Act

Postby denys » Wed May 08, 2013 6:34 pm

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15738&p=166324&hilit=equality+in+work+act#p166324 look through this thread hopefully it might give you a little advice, I know lots of people have been through similar to you and so hopefully someone a little more clued up than me will be along soon to help :-) :-) :-) :-)
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Re: The Equalities in Work Act

Postby Chrissyr60 » Mon May 20, 2013 8:36 pm

Chrissyr60
UKFM Newbie

Postby Wendy 28 » Mon May 20, 2013 8:49 pm

Wow, that's sounds so unfair. I'm really sorry to hear about how you've been treated. Thanks for your response, I think we all need to support each other with this, it's horrid and so miss understood xx
Wendy 28
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits