DLA timeframe???

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

DLA timeframe???

Postby animeemo3 » Thu May 09, 2013 7:06 am

i applied for dla around the middle of march, received a text message on the 26th march saying that they had received the claim, then another on the 10th of april saying they were contacting my gp for further information. is it supposed to take this long to get information?! anyone know how long it takes roughly to hear back? also, is the fact that they are contacting my gp a good thing? last time i applied, they flat out told me no without asking anyone else so it must be some kind of good news right? thank youu! :-)
animeemo3
UKFM Member

Re: DLA timeframe???

Postby Janet Poole » Thu May 09, 2013 7:27 am

Hi. . I applied on the 20th of march and had the same 2 texts . . They contacted my gp for a report and I got a letter yesterday saying they have awarded me the lower end mobility allowance of £20.55 pw but not for my mobility it was because i suffer from anxiety and panic attacks which leaves me somewhat agoraphobic so technically they ignored my fibromyalgia and psoriatic arthritis and stated that as i wasn't entitled to the higher rate as i wasn't not able to walk at all or barely able to walk. . I honestly don't know how bad we are supposed to be . . They wouldn't even consider she care element of dla as according to them i am able to cook a meal for one from scratch . . Go figure that one cos I have bilateral carpal tunnel syndrome and can't even brush my own hair it's so severe so how the hell i would peel veg i don't know. . They are a law unto themselves. . Good luck xx :goodluck1:
Janet Poole
UKFM Member

Postby lisaward127 » Thu May 09, 2013 7:49 am

The process can take a long time especially if you appeal there discussion. It seems we all get more or less the same refusal letter at application stage. I stared in November last year and appealed against there silly letter, I submitted more proof and had Atos home visit 4 weeks ago, I called them yesterday and they are still assessing my application with the Atos report so I am nervously waiting an outcome. If I get a no I will go to tribunal. I won't give up. Keep on fighting and good luck.
Lisa
Lisa Ward
lisaward127
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Thu May 09, 2013 9:34 am

animeemo3 wrote:i applied for dla around the middle of march, received a text message on the 26th march saying that they had received the claim, then another on the 10th of april saying they were contacting my gp for further information. is it supposed to take this long to get information?! anyone know how long it takes roughly to hear back? also, is the fact that they are contacting my gp a good thing? last time i applied, they flat out told me no without asking anyone else so it must be some kind of good news right? thank youu! :-)

Also depends on how long your GP takes to responde.

I do believe that asking information from your GP is the right way to go as they should have all the records down of your illnesses/disabilities BUT sometimes even tho they know your conditions they may not be aware of how much help/care needs you have/need and not sure how far you can walk if you have not explained to them your mobility restrictions in distance even tho they know walking is painfull making the questions difficault for them and in some cases *no record* will be put. I always see my GP when a form comes thro to make sure they input all information in case they recieve a letter.

A decision is normaly made by 11 weeks and if they need longer (awaiting responses) they will inform you but 11 weeks is (i think) the timescale they have.

:goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby lisaward127 » Thu May 09, 2013 9:52 am

My GP told me to write him a letter and give him a breakdown of exactly how my conditions effect me. They already had a lot of information but I wanted to make sure they have all aspects updated. They then used the letter to update my record and the letter is scanned in under your name so if there is any enquiries in the future they will have access to this information. Might be worth a try with other surgeries.

Lisa xxx
Lisa Ward
lisaward127
UKFM Member

DLA timeframe???

Postby toplessbug » Thu May 09, 2013 11:04 am

My appeal started march 7 and atos doc came to see me 3 weeks ago I'm still waiting to here.

Sent from my iPhone using the force :-)
toplessbug
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits