DLA/ESA

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

DLA/ESA

Postby gillyflower » Fri May 10, 2013 5:07 pm

I was awarded an indefinite rate of DLA care at the lower rate, many years ago. I only got a diagnosis for Fibro about 6 months ago, and as my symptoms keep worsening, I was unclear as to put a claim in for ESA. If I don't win esa will I then loose my Dla?
gillyflower
UKFM Newbie

Re: DLA/ESA

Postby *Lisa* » Fri May 10, 2013 6:43 pm

I cannot say for sure but looking at the stats its mainly tartgeted at the high rates of DLA that get reassesed if you loose the ESA.

If you have an indefinate it should be ok until the PIP comes in as no lower rates on that only middle and high... standered and enhanced.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby gillyflower » Fri May 10, 2013 7:36 pm

If I apply for ESA and get turned down, my dilemma is, will I still recieie the dla that I get now? I am frightened about applying for the ESA as it seems to be a nightmare.
gillyflower
UKFM Newbie

Postby hjlinton » Fri May 10, 2013 10:07 pm

I applied for esa last November and was put straight into support group yet dla have refussed me anything so am going to tribunal so I dont think each department actually talk to each other. I would apply if I were you as I am sure they rely on people being scared to do so to save money but you are entitled so go for it. :)
hjlinton
UKFM Member

Postby anonymouse » Fri May 10, 2013 11:43 pm

I very much doubt it would cause you a problem, if you were applying for DLA and ESA they would use your ATOS medical as a reason to refuse you DLA (if they said you were fine, which they do say about anyone living, even some that are not.) However as you have the DLA awarded I very much doubt anyone from DLA would even notice. I imagine you get lower rate care as "cannot prepare a cooked main meal even if they have the ingredients" which if its the case its easy to avoid a problem. In your ESA50 and your ATOS medical be sure you refer to this fact (that someone cooks for you all the time as you can't do it), then if anything does happen you can point out you still meet the criteria for lower rate care.

Might be worth you checking out the mobility component of DLA if you have mobility issues or if your condition is getting worse. Obviously check you meet the descriptors for ESA before you apply to just to be sure you qualify as its a long and arduous process sometimes and there is no point doing it if your not sure. Have a good google on fibromyalgia and ESA as there are some good sites out there that list the exact descriptors for ESA and DLA, forgive me if you know all this.

I wish you all the best and feel free to post on here or PM me if you get into a jam.

Anonymouse
Fibro, Chronic Pain, Insomnia, Psoriasis, Migraines, Light & Hyper Sensitivity & Joint Subluxation but apart from that I am perfectly healthy & battling for ESA & DLA. - Twitter: my_fibromyalgia - Facebook: myfibromyalgia
anonymouse
UKFM Member

Postby gillyflower » Sat May 11, 2013 11:08 am

Thank you all so much for your help.
gillyflower
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits