DLA renewal

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

DLA renewal

Postby kazisedso » Thu May 16, 2013 3:37 pm

Hi everyone... hope you are all ok and not in too much pain and discomfort :-|

Anyway, The dreaded large brown envelope arrived through my door two weeks ago..... ( DLA renewal)

I have been in receipt of DLA HRC -LRM for a while now due to a mental health condition and i have never had any problems filling out the form regarding the mental health side.... i pack so much info in there it must take them 6 wks to read it lol.

However... now i have fibromyalgia, i also have physical needs along with the mental health and the ibs....

i do subscribe to the benefits and work site and have both the guides for mental and physical side of things... but i am really, really, really, struggling with this form, i have both mental and physical ailments now and i just don't know where to start, as the conditions i have run alongside one another.... one makes the other worse and so on and i also need more help now on the mobility side of things.

I have started to fill it in but due to extreme fatigue, anxiety and fibro fog i am reading over questions dozens of time to try and get it in my head, plus i am trying to use the guides too and tbh i have not got very far :cry: :cry:

it's going to taken even longer to fill this form out..........
how does everyone else cope with this when you have multiple conditions both physical and mental to write about :shock: :shock:
DLA forms are not the easiest to fill out but i am having trouble this time, maybe it's because i am not thinking clearly....
i have had to take more rests in between answering questions, than i have ever had to before :(

i can usually gather myself up enough to fill out this form but right now it is turning into mission impossible :cry: :cry:
i know i have got a few weeks to fill it in but crikey!! i have a lot to put in it.
Any advice would be very gratefully received.
Thanks in advance.
Karen
kazisedso
UKFM Member

Re: DLA renewal

Postby clubsound4 » Thu May 16, 2013 3:55 pm

Hi, I too had problems filling out the forms however I went to see a lovely lady at my local CAB and there where extremely helpful letting me say how I felt on each question and helping me put it into words and indeed they even wrote it on the forms,,I then duely signed it and they even posted it for me!! I have just been awarded hrd and lrc so hopefully wont have any form filling for a long time,, It used to be you could get help fromWelfare rights but I think this has changed you could ask though hope things go well for you soft hugs :-D
clubsound4
UKFM Member

Postby alikat1 » Thu May 16, 2013 3:58 pm

Hi there, I don't even take the risk of doing this myself - it's not worth it. I would highly recommend making an appointment immediately with CAB so that hopefully they can see you and help you fill it out before the deadline. If you are unable to get an appointment with them before the deadline I have heard that you should call the DWP and explain this situation and ask for an extension. (Personally, I would also put this into writing, send it recorded so that they have got it - because you never know...!). Good luck hon. Not fun. A.x
alikat1
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu May 16, 2013 5:49 pm

Hi Kaz

I had to do mine recently and it took me a couple of weeks to get through it :yikes:

Have you got someone who could fill it out for you? a family member or a friend? If not you can ask CAB to help. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby *Lisa* » Thu May 16, 2013 7:07 pm

I have my renewal here also.

I have 16 conditions to take into account which like yourself most of them agrivate one another.

Iv had it sitting here for 3 weeks or more and had a lady from CAB call me this week. Was on phone for 3 hours and only managed to complete 3/4 of it :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: shes calling back in a few weeks times to finish it off :sleep: :sleep:

This was even with many days of preperation :shock: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Its a huge task!

I would strongly advise you seek help to fill forms in as theres no way i could with everything to take into concideration.

Cant wait until the flippin thing is off in the post! :pull-hair:

The DLA comes in 2 parts, mental and pysical so you shoud be able to spend time concentrating on each one. The CAB lady pointed out several times that what i wanted down was really for another question later on in forms.

But get in touch now with help as people get booked up quickly and you'll have a long wait.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits