Good News

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Good News

Postby suelynn » Sun May 19, 2013 12:17 pm

I had some good news for a change on Friday a brown envelope came from DLA and I have been awarded High rate mobility and middle rate care both indefinitely. I think I am still in shock and have read the letter about 20 times just to make sure.
It couldn't have come at a better time as was struggling with my finances. I do have a couple of questions will this award have an effect on my ESA I am currently in work related activity group? Also does anyone know how and is it worth having a disability car? I do wish I hadn't been such a coward and applied again after I had been turned down on renewal about 18 months ago.

I feel like I am in a bubble at the moment :-D :-D :-D :-D
suelynn
UKFM Member

Re: Good News

Postby fruity72 » Sun May 19, 2013 12:52 pm

Congrats on your award. I don't want to burst your bubble but although it says indefinitely now, when PIP comes in there is no such award as indefinite, even if its awarded indefinite now. Sorry just want to keep it real for you.

You can apply for a mobility car, you get the car, insurance and road tax for part or full amount of your high rate mobility, depending on the car you choose.

Your amount of ESA shouldn't be affected now you get DLA.

Good luck with everything :-D
fruity72
UKFM Member

Postby Janet Poole » Sun May 19, 2013 12:57 pm

Hi. . No it's a separate thing so doesn't effect your esa if your on it as a contribution basis if your on income based you will have to tell them. . If your in the wrag group you only get that for a year anyway then you either have to find work or apply for job seekers. . Ridiculous Cameron has a lot to answer for xx
Janet Poole
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun May 19, 2013 1:08 pm

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: What fantastic news for you :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: It's always good to hear when the system works properly for someone, it helps keep the candle of hope burning for others going thru the various stages of the process :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm not sure if it will have an effect on your ESA claim?? Are you due for a review for ESA yet?? Hopefully someone will be along shortly who can help you with an answer to that one :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: As for the car matter, I would imagine it all comes down to your circumstances as to whether you decide to use your mobility component for one :-? :-? :-? :-? If having a car will make a huge difference to where you go, what it will mean you can do etc then yes, it could well be worth having one. On the other hand tho, if it's something you might only use periodically, then using your mobility component in others ways that mean you could still do things might be a more suitable option.

One thing to bear in mind tho is that, whilst this award says that it is an indefinite one, DLA is eventually being replaced for everyone with PIP which will have its own qualifying criteria, and from what has been said, as well as posted on here, this criteria will be significantly different to that for DLA. If you were to use your DLA for a car, then be reviewed at a later date for PIP and be found not to qualify for the equivalent level to what you have just been awarded, it would mean you would more than likely have to return the car.

Please don't think I'm wanting to scare you as that is the last thing I would want to happen :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: I just think that you need to look at all the possible options, as well as consider all potential outcomes, esp with the changes to DLA coming in for everyone, and make the best decision possible for yourself :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby angie68 » Sun May 19, 2013 1:23 pm

very good news for you, i got turned down for it but (brain fog brain fog) whats the word errrmmmm reapplyed and ive done a 6page letter in course of the week what my days/weeks are like...they said even though you have difficulty at doings things and in constant pain sorry we cant give you thic, :( :( .i got a letter back saying it will take upto 11 weeks been 5 weeks now, we all need help in this i think, but its awful when we have to ask our kids to help us we should be helping them and that saddens me, especially when hes only 11...i hope i hear good news with mine and makes me mad when i see people where theres nothing wrong with them and they get full wack and they just drink it drink it, im a genuine case like all of you so i really hope my 6 page letter helps me, sometimes its lovely for help of others but sometimes we need to do things on our own for this and hopefuly my letter helps me,i just put how we through day and my pain etc x very nice and im glad for the people who get DLA cos by god we deserve it working ot not!!!! have a lovely day everyone x :-D :-D
angie68
UKFM Member

Postby Woody96 » Sun May 19, 2013 7:43 pm

Congratulations, I'm new to this board, I got DLA awarded in April till dec 14, it felt like I had won the lottery :-) I got high rate mobility and middle care which means my partner now has careers allowance. It makes such a difference feeling recognised by the DLA people. Apart from saying congratulations, I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on surviving atos interviews I have one this thurs and I'm really freaking out about it. Thanks.
Woody96
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Sun May 19, 2013 7:45 pm

Brilliant news its always nice to hear when things are successful :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby suelynn » Thu May 23, 2013 12:39 pm

Thank you all for your replies although I could do with a car of my own at the moment have decided to wait because of the PIP benefit coming in. Its just a relief not to have to worry about money for a bit has come at the rite time.

Good luck to everyone claiming at the moment.

Had a letter today regarding ESA and a form to fill in about severe disability premium and getting more money, not sure what that means but will complete and send back later :(
suelynn
UKFM Member

Postby moomoos » Thu May 23, 2013 5:29 pm

Very good news :-D Really pleased for you xx
moomoos
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits