atos doctors vist

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

atos doctors vist

Postby ronnie76 » Thu May 23, 2013 3:56 pm

any advice would be greatly appreciated,ive just applied for dla after being diagnosed with fm and there sending a doctor out to my home on tues im quite nervous about the whole thing to be honest. :cry:
ronnie76
UKFM Newbie

Re: atos doctors vist

Postby gimpyphil » Thu May 23, 2013 6:43 pm

Hi,Remember they are there trying not to give you this,sad to say that but it is true.You must not say one day I am ok the next I'm not,you have to think of your worse day and tell them that is what your life is.
The trouble with us is we have pride and try to downplay our illness,do not do that.
Good luck.
gimpyphil
UKFM Member

Re: atos doctors vist

Postby clubsound4 » Thu May 23, 2013 8:49 pm

I have been through this twice the first I succeeded, the doctor was attentive and spoke to me like a person,,the second time the doctor asked all sorts didn't give me chance to explain or answer fully before he went on asking another question and scribbling things down,,I told him I was in bed most nights at 8.pm he laughed,,the decision went against me but I appealed and won..basically they have a form to fill in and ask you all sorts,can you cook, manage housework etc how your illness affects you day to day,can you wash shower etc ,how far you can walk, they also ask for a list of medication,,I know exactly how you feel but hold your nerve if you can and explain how you feel,, I wish you very good luck xx :-D
clubsound4
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits