Can i claim?

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Can i claim?

Postby mandiemc » Thu May 23, 2013 4:03 pm

Hi I am new here and I hope you can help me iv had fibro for about 6yrs also very high blood pressure, gastro-oesophageal reflux disease,and severe Migraines and now fibro getting worse.
My husband get DLA low rate living allowance and high moto as he has C.O.P.D.Emphysema, diabtates 2, asthma ,osteoporosis, and leaking kidneys will i still be able to put a claim in DLA my self as in the morning i am really bad Ihave had quite a lot of falls lately aswell and im finding myself very tied about 3 in the afternoons :( I am lots of meds ramipril 10mg and atenolo 50mg for blood pressure, esomeprazole 40mg for gastro-oesophageal reflux disease, co-codamol 30/500mg for pain,amitriptyline 50mgfor fibro, topiramate 50mg for migraines, simvastain 20mg , citalopram 40mg for depression hope you can help Mandie :-)
mandiemc
UKFM Newbie

Re: Can i claim?

Postby *Lisa* » Thu May 23, 2013 4:59 pm

:welcome:

I think its only when your getting carers allowence when a claim maybe effected.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby denys » Thu May 23, 2013 5:53 pm

I agree, I think you can claim
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby reegogo » Thu May 23, 2013 6:18 pm

Yes you can claim don't be put off,you're entitled to it.
reegogo
UKFM Member

Postby mandiemc » Thu May 23, 2013 8:04 pm

[quote="reegogo"]Yes you can claim don't be put off,you're entitled to it.[/q
Thank you very much :-)
mandiemc
UKFM Newbie

Postby mandiemc » Thu May 23, 2013 8:08 pm

*Lisa* wrote::welcome:

I think its only when your getting carers allowence when a claim maybe effected.

Hi i never got carers allowence im his wife that what I mean I dont know if they would let me claim it as well x mandie
mandiemc
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu May 23, 2013 8:09 pm

Give it a go Mandie :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: Try to get some help with completing the forms to give you the best chance possible. There will be organisations in your area who can help and advise you with things :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby mandiemc » Thu May 23, 2013 9:56 pm

FluppyPuffy wrote:Give it a go Mandie :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: Try to get some help with completing the forms to give you the best chance possible. There will be organisations in your area who can help and advise you with things :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Thank you :-D how do I find out where the help is please mandie :-)
mandiemc
UKFM Newbie

Postby mandiemc » Thu May 23, 2013 10:12 pm

Hi thanks everyone I think im just so scared they will stop hubby award i never claimed carers allowance as i am his wife so i ddint think i would get it and how do i find out where i can get helpwith the form in my area pleas
mandiemc
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu May 23, 2013 10:15 pm

Try Googlying your area and benefits advice and see what comes up. There are nationwide organisations like Citizens Advice and DIAL, plus there are quite often small, independent groups that provide help.

You could also try contacting your local council. They usually have details of who is in your area that may be able to help :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

And :welcome: to the forum as well :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby mandiemc » Thu May 23, 2013 10:23 pm

Thank you i will :-D and at last i found some where i can talk about fibro without feeling like a fool cause if you ant got it you dont understand how painful it is thank you everyone mandie :-D
mandiemc
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu May 23, 2013 10:26 pm

Definitely no feeling like a fool with us mandie, lots of support and understanding instead, along with a bit of fun at times to help get thru the FibroDays :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby MichelleJ » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:42 pm

You can claim, him getting it won't affect you. You can also claim carers allowance even if you're on dla yourself. But he would need to be middle or higher rate care for you to do that. Same if u get middle or higher care, he could claim carers for you. Carers is just 35 hrs being with someone, supervision in case they fall etc counts
Dx with fibromyalgia m.e/Cfs and asthma
MichelleJ
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:11 pm

MichelleJ wrote:You can claim, him getting it won't affect you. You can also claim carers allowance even if you're on dla yourself. But he would need to be middle or higher rate care for you to do that. Same if u get middle or higher care, he could claim carers for you. Carers is just 35 hrs being with someone, supervision in case they fall etc counts

Im not 100% sure but i think it all depends on your circumstances as it could become contridictive for example

Mr B is on MRC and claims carers for his wife who is also on MRC.

Mr B has a chronic pain condition effecting his everyday life and puts in the claim he cannot cook for himself and needs daily care needs like washing and dressing (MRC) and Mrs B care needs are being helped in and out the bath and being washed and dressed YET Mr B has told DWP he cannot do these tasks and needs help YET Mrs B care needs would be contridictive of what Mr B can help with :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Basicly if your on MRC and need the same help as your partner how can they claim for each other if they both cannot do the tasks :crazy: :crazy:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:12 am

If your both on DLA rates middle or higher and no one claims carers allowence you maybe entitled to a premium see here...

https://www.gov.uk/disability-premiums- ... ligibility
*Lisa*

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits