WORKING HAVE FIBROMYALGIA WHAT CAN I CLAIM

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

WORKING HAVE FIBROMYALGIA WHAT CAN I CLAIM

Postby Hayley4321 » Thu May 23, 2013 9:17 pm

Can someone help before I go mad

I work 30 hours and have been a single parent for many years. My youngest is about to leave full time education. I think i will get about £1000 working tax credit due to low earnings but will lose child tax credit lone parent element etc

I can t work any more hours because of fm

I can t change jobs because of lack of qualifications and lack of better paid jobs....... and i can t pay a mortgage and survive without help there must be some more help i can get??????????
Hayley4321
UKFM Member

Re: WORKING HAVE FIBROMYALGIA WHAT CAN I CLAIM

Postby Gaia » Thu May 23, 2013 9:53 pm

Sadly, I doubt you will get any help at all - especially as you can manage to work 30 hours a week. The only way around it is to see if you can claim anything if you have to cut your hours because of your health - but when I did that I got no financial help at all. They told me as I had previously managed to work 28 hours a week, there was no reason for me to stop and even though my GP backed up my claim I got nothing, so I was actually worse off in the end.

If your child is about to leave full time education, could he/she not get a job and help financially? Failing that, he he/she enrols at college, you may get to keep your tax credits - although they will stop if they drop out of education even halfway through a term etc.

There is no easy answer I'm afraid and the benefit system is so tight now, you will have a real fight on your hands. Sorry it's not more positive, but the only thing I think you can do is put in a claim for PIP and see if you can get anything from them.
Gaia
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu May 23, 2013 10:23 pm

Hayley, it sounds like you need to speak to someone who knows the system well and get some advice that is specific to you and your upcoming and revised situation. As well as working~related benefits, they may be able to advise about other things that could help you.

Citizens Advice, DIAL and small, local organisations can often help with this. Try Googlying your area and benefit advice to see what comes up, or try contacting your local council as they usually have details of who is in your area.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Hayley4321 » Fri May 24, 2013 9:32 pm

Thanks for your replies........... it looks like I have a reprieve as my daughter MAY now be staying in education...... I will definitely contact Citizens Advise though just in case........If you had seen me today You wouldn'!t have thought I was well enough to work at all
Hayley4321
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits