A little more help re appeal.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

A little more help re appeal.

Postby evie15 » Sat May 25, 2013 10:44 am

Hello again,

Thanks for all your help so far, so I have a new letter today that says they have re read my forms and my appeal and have made the new decision of me being entitled to lower rate care and nothing else.

They then go on to say that because of this decision my appeal will no longer continue.

I have a few queries,

I thought my appeal would continue unless I agree with the decision.

I do not really agree with this decision as I feel I need more help then the lower rate care and my forms and letters prove that, it makes it sound as though if I disagree I will have to send new appeal forms in, but my appeal hasn't been processed.

Does anyone have any suggestions please.
evie15
UKFM Member

Re: A little more help re appeal.

Postby evie15 » Sat May 25, 2013 7:03 pm

Anyone? :-)
evie15
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat May 25, 2013 8:32 pm

Has this decision been made at the reconsideration stage evie?? If so, then I think you should be able to tell them you disagree with it and that you want your appeal to carry on to the next stage.

We usually suggest that you try to get some help when you find yourself having to go thru the appeals system from someone who is familiar with the systems and knows the most suitable ways to approach and phrase things to give you the best possible chance. Organisations such as Citizens Advice can help, so it might be worth having a bit of a look to see who is in your area. As well as the national organisations, there are quite often smaller, local groups that can help.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sat May 25, 2013 9:48 pm

I agree with Flup, give them a ring and tell them you want to continue :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby evie15 » Sun May 26, 2013 11:23 am

Thank you both for the replies.

I have tried the CAB and other charities and organisations that help, the CAB I fall under two areas, one says go to the other and the other never answer their phone.

Other places didn't cover the area or didn't have any more spots for someone to help me.

Yes it is on reconsideration that they have said this, they then said your appeal will no longer be processed.

I thought an appeal would continue if you wanted it to.
evie15
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun May 26, 2013 1:07 pm

When they reopen after the bank holiday, try giving them a ring and ask what to do next as, altho the decision was changed in your favour at reconsideration, you still don't agree with it. I've also founf this linky to a DWP pdf about what to do if you disagree with a decision about benefits that might be helpful http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg ... 201702.pdf

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby evie15 » Tue May 28, 2013 1:08 pm

Thank you all.

Gave them a call today, they are sending me the appeal forms, seems I will have to appeal the new decision, my Mother took the call as I get mixed up. She asked for help as she cares for me and my grandmother and said why does she need to fill in a new appeal after the detail she went into on the last, they then put her through to someone very helpful who said it is all logged on my claim and to put, see last claim.

She said that I will still get my low rate care, even though I am appealing, is this so?
evie15
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits