Another Nil points, do I get paid during appeal?

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Another Nil points, do I get paid during appeal?

Postby lolo73 » Mon May 27, 2013 7:12 pm

I am so fed up, after thinking at last someone understood me (the nurse at the DWP ESA interview) I got a phone call on Friday saying they were stopping my ESA. The day I went for the interview I was really upset at how useless I was sounding and I cried all the way through and didn't even manage to answer the last few questions (because I was so upset).

I know I will need to appeal, going back to the last time this happened I got paid during the appeal process but is this still the case? I see conflicting info on the internet, also I am still able to appeal or does it need to go to automatic appeal first? (I mean this new system, not sure if they have introduced it yet?) I am so confused, when I spoke to the guy for DWP on the phone he said see my GP and they will help me put an appeal together. I thought, not likely my GP has never asked me how I cope day to day and I don't imagine they will be interested in helping me claim benefits, I go to see my GP about medical matters not social problems (maybe a pride thing). Anyway the DWP guy's wording made me think I would be able to appeal straight away, is this correct?

I still haven't heard about my DLA appeal from my claim I made December/January, the DWP guy says they keep requesting my file but it seems to be lost! That is not helping my situation, arrgggghhhh :-x
lolo73
UKFM Member

Re: Another Nil points, do I get paid during appeal?

Postby clubsound4 » Mon May 27, 2013 7:37 pm

Hi I went throught the process last year,In January I failed a medical and went for an appeal which was not heard until October, during the intervening months I was put on flat rate ESA of 70 quid a week but had to send in sick notes,,the best people to help with appeal are CAB or welfare rights,,when you send your appeal form in (as soon as possible) they look at the info on the forms and maybe evidence from your doctor/consultant to see of they can change their decision if they cant they inform you and they send you a specific form to return to them saying you want to go to appeal,,at the moment a neighbout got his appeal heard within 5 months we are in Blackpool.. (I won my appeal by the way) good luck, soft hugs :-D
clubsound4
UKFM Member

Postby linda3719 » Mon May 27, 2013 8:20 pm

Hi - I have just posted my appeal form off - i understand I will be getting flat rate esa until the outcome of appeal - which i am dreading.

This system sure does not help matters - cannot help but get stressed and worried about everything. I just hope I don't have to wait too long for the appeal to be heard.

Guess we just have to hope for the best. :-D :-

This is my first time posting on the forum so hope I have made sense. This site is fantastic, a great help

hugs to all x x :-D :-D
linda3719
UKFM Member

Postby lolo73 » Mon May 27, 2013 10:29 pm

Thank you Linda and welcome to the forum, it is such a fantastic community x
lolo73
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits