atos hcp coming to home!!!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

atos hcp coming to home!!!

Postby angie68 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:31 pm

helo everyone, ive just received a letter off ATOS they coming to my home to give a assessment medical, im so scared and what would i expect off them!!! as ost of us im very very nervous, also the system has changed a lot, so i think will i be entitled to DLA i do work but dropped my hours cos of the pain i was in, so i can rest more..i know they will ask trick questions etc but im naturaly a worrier and a nervous person, so what wouls i expect on this, obviously i will be honest 100% but i thik do i deserve this cos i work, it also maddens me when i see ppl who have DLA and nothing wrong with them!!!! thank you and hope i get some good advice off you which i know i will x :-D
angie68
UKFM Member

Re: atos hcp coming to home!!!

Postby clubsound4 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:37 pm

Hi Ive had 2 home visits in the past the last being last year and for both a doctor comes to your home to see exactly what the problems are that you are having,,you sit down and he asks you questions which is just the bog standard ones nothing tricky, can you get out of a chair, can you walk if so how far, can you bend over to pick something up, do you cook for yourself ,hygiene needs just your typical sort of questions, last approx. an hour maybe slightly more,, he just writes everything down ,thanks you for your time then goes, you will probably get nervous but try and think clearly and elaborate on the questions and you should be fine, good luck x :-D
clubsound4
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:01 am

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: and :goodluck1: :goodluck1: :goodluck1: :goodluck1: :goodluck1: :goodluck1:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby angie68 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:03 pm

thank you both, hes coming friday or her!!!...i heard they ask you walk upstairs arms in the hair, but my point is, we avoid doing too much cos of the "sunburn feeling" i get after, i know and you all know we cant put this on, im trying to think postive cos its all changed now and harder, ive had to write things down cos has ye know we forget, but i know we cant forget pain like this no matter what we do :( i would realy would love a wish to have a pain free day, i cant remember when i have, a lot of years ago...im trying not to get depressed about this, only postive, but every day i cant wait for bed, but still uncomfortable and aching i love my tablets so i can fall asleep and dont feel pain but sometimes it wakes me up.. :( :( ....sorry for whinging took me ages this kept spelling wrong haha x
angie68
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits