DLA & Pain diary

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

DLA & Pain diary

Postby kazisedso » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:57 pm

Hi everyone,
Just a quick question, what pain / symptom diary did anyone send with their claim for DLA? I use one on my iPhone, not sure if I can print it off, do was just wondering what has been used.
Did you do your own or use a template or app etc?
Thanks
Karen
kazisedso
UKFM Member

Re: DLA & Pain diary

Postby denys » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:06 am

I didnt send a pain diary just listed all the symptoms and how they affected me, but I'm sure if you ask Mr Googly he will be able to find you one
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby migrembe » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:38 am

They don't want to know when you are in pain they need to know what that pain stops you from doing, how it affects you, i e In pain, struggled to bathroom with help from my daughter, had to go back to bed and was unable to get dressed or pain stops me from preparing and cooking a main meal at least 5 days a week on those days i tend to eat, cereal, soup or some toast or someone else cooks.
migrembe
UKFM Member

DLA & Pain diary

Postby kazisedso » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:23 pm

Hi and thanks for replying and clarifying that for me, so basically I just need a diary of how my conditions effect my day to day living and what difficulties I am having with everything??? And what care my husband gives to help bathe dress etc.
thanks
:-)
kazisedso
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:09 pm

hi, i had help to fill in my forms from disc and she said i had to say how long would it take me to do somethings on my own and how i needed help to do things

like how long would it take to have a bath on your own answer i cant get in or out of bath on my own so wouldnt be able to have a bath and why because if the pain and dizzyness and mobility of my legs.

things like this but also she told me not to say i had lots of out side help like family and friends,

if you can get help to fill it in they were realy good for me and i was awarded lrc hrm on first aplication.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits