P45

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

P45

Postby julesleics » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:55 pm

Hi wonder if anyone can assist. I filled in the dreaded form early in the year and had a letter beginning of this month saying was being moved into ESA contribution Wrag group. I have not had a medical, they have not contacted my GP and no explanation how they reached the decision. I sent a letter (special delivery) to ask about this no answer as yet but today I got a P45 come saying benefit ceased 20th June but no explanation.

Has anyone else had the same thing happen.

Also I had a job tracing my letter to the DWP with the Post Office and I was told the DWP don't actually sign for any letters. Apparantely the nearest sorting office to the DWP office have someone sign on behalf of them which I think is a bit much as they can then deny getting the letter if no one from their office has actually signed. Felt a bit cheated as I had paid £6.95 for special delivery and I have had no answer from DWP although I appreciate it could take time for them to answer.
julesleics
UKFM Member

Re: P45

Postby Janet Poole » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:37 pm

Hi. . I got a p45 too it's just got to do with your last employer and change in benefit and if your on wrag that means they are going to help youfind employment and you'll need you p45 for that. . Did you appeal? I did and was moved to the support group. .
:-D
Janet Poole
UKFM Member

Postby julesleics » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:14 pm

Hi Janet
Thanks for the reply. It just confused me. I have written to DWP as I had a letter stating I had been placed in WRAG but no explanation as to how the decision was reached. I had no medical, my GP wasn't contacted so I have written which was about a fortnight ago now and asked for a reconsideration along with an explanation as to how they had reached their decision and also asked if they would not reconsider then I wished to appeal for support as yet heard nothing at all from them.
I did use special delivery to send this but as said previously had a job tracing it and then the post office said that someone at the local sorting office had signed for it on behalf of DWP and hopefully it would then be passed to their offices.
I was a bit confused with the P45 coming from a job centre which is miles away from my home.
julesleics
UKFM Member

Postby maci » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:19 pm

Hi
Received my P45 to today.I called HM Revenue & Customs and I explained I had just gone from IB to ESA.
When I asked what I was to do with it ,he told me just to hold onto it.
Also send everything by registered post and yes it is signed for.
You can track the delivery on the Royal Mail website and get a copy of the signature.
IN PAIN MACI
maci
UKFM Newbie

Postby julesleics » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:24 pm

I used special delivery which you can track and trace and when I put the number in to trace it kept saying couldn't trace. I phoned the Royal Mail up and it was him that said the DWP don't sign for any mail themselves it is someone at the sorting office who collects all DWP mail and then takes it. They emailed me a copy of the signature of the person who had signed but explained that he wasn't from the DWP but from the sorting office. They could tell me what time it arrived at the sorting office but couldn't confirm if it had actually reached DWP.

Thanks for your reply I wasn't sure what it meant and what I had to do so I just need to hold onto it. I would imagine I will hear at some point of DWP regarding a reconsideration
julesleics
UKFM Member

Postby maci » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:44 pm

Somebody at Royal Mail is a liar.If they are doing that at royal mail they need to be reported to the ombusdman
They cannot by law sign for anything that is not meant for them.
I think someone was trying to fob you off,so they didn't have to delve deeper into tracking your item
IN PAIN MACI
maci
UKFM Newbie

Postby julesleics » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:51 pm

I did wonder if they were trying to fob me of as I did complain that I had paid 6.95 in order to be able to track and trace my letter.

They sent a copy of the signature but were unable to give me a time when it was signed for which I felt was a bit bad as the whole idea of track and trace is to be able to trace exactly when your letter gets there. Oh well hopefully the DWP would have received it and hopefully will send me a reply at some point.

Thanks for all your help
julesleics
UKFM Member

Postby julesleics » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:34 pm

sorry should add they gave me a time on the phone when it had been signed but could not give me on the paper if that makes sense. So when they sent the copy all it had was a persons name and the date not the time.

As I say I would imagine I will hear at some point from DWP regarding re consideration.
julesleics
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:27 pm

Having worked in government offices for many years (not DWP I may add ) special delivery /recorded delivery was brought to the office by a special part of the post office not the normal post man. In my office the letter etc was signed for by the messenger on the door and then he recorded it in a ledger so that the section the letter was for, could then sign for it as part of internal procedures .

That way a member of the public could check with the Post Office when thier letter would have been delivered to the government building and who signed for it . In addition then under internal procedure they could also check when & who delivered it to the section concerned & who signed for it .

I would imagine that other parts of government would have had similar procedure, so the explanation from the post office doesn't really hold up .

I would go back to the Post office concerned and ask for more info and if not happy then lodge a complaint, after all its not cheap to send a letter special delivery and you would like to think you got something for you money!
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby julesleics » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:17 am

thanks you all for your help. I will ask the post office for further info. I was annoyed because I had to phone the Royal Mail as everytime I tried to track and trace it came back not traceable and then when I phoned all they said was it had reached the sorting office at 7.30 am and had been signed for on DWP's behalf which has you say doesn't hold up. I will get back in touch with Royal Mail and ask for further information. I think like said they were probably just trying to fob me of.
julesleics
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:52 am

You could try phoning the DWP and check with them what is going on
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby julesleics » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:18 am

Hi all

Many thanks for all your advice. The P45 is because IBS is ending. I phoned DWP regarding what the Post Office had said and they confirmed that the letters you send don't go directly to the DWP office, they go to a separate place first and then are passed onto the DWP office in question. She did try to explain the procedure but I just got confused with what was being said. I thought my letter had been signed for a 7.30 but she told me it wasn't is was actually 5.30 am so don't know where I got 7.30 from. The lady said it had been signed for at 5.30 am and then taken to the DWP offices. They confirmed that it had been passed through to the relevant office so no worries there at least they had received it.

Just found it confusing especially when I wasn't able to track and trace my letter. I have spoken to Royal Mail and said I was not happy that I had paid £6.95 for this service but not been able to track and trace but they explained they had done their bit and the letter had been delivered and received the next day and that when I phoned them they had emailed me the copy of the signature so as far as they are concerned there is no problem.

I just find myself getting more and more confused these days so thank you all for your help. Now just got to wait to see what happens but at least I know they have received my letter.
julesleics
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits