Anyone else waiting for DLA tribunal?

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Grannypants » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:07 pm

Hi, I have been waiting 53 weeks for my DLA tribunal. In the meantime I have made another DLA claim and I was awarded LRC. I have also appealed that one and the 2 hearings will be held together. I have been ringing every week for a progress report and 2 weeks ago I was told that my case was with the judge who is decided how it will be heard. I just rang up again and I was told it is still with the judge and to ring back in 4 weeks time. However even in 4 weeks time they still won't be able to give me some idea of how or when it will be heard. I'm so fed up with waiting now. How long have others been waiting? The person I spoke to on the phone said it could be over 70 weeks.
Grannypants
UKFM Member

Re: Anyone else waiting for DLA tribunal?

Postby denys » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:34 pm

70 weeks :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: I know there is a backlog but that's ridiculous :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby toplessbug » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:04 pm

I'm waiting and was told if I was able to travel away from Leicester it would be quicker than being heard in Leicester as the wait here is 40 weeks plus. But I've still been waiting not long only 5 weeks so far.

Gentle hugs xxxx
toplessbug
UKFM Member

Postby Cheltz » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:29 am

My appeal was submitted a year ago and even though I have said that I am willing to take a date at short notice should they have a cancelation, they have told me I could possibly have to wait until November to have my appeal heard. That will be 17 months from the date I first applied. Every time I ring up they say they are working through the back log.

Totally disgusted. It's a joke.
Cheltz
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:32 am

I can appreciate everyone's situation and feel the fustration of waiting for answers. Here in Canada when applying for a disability pension....if everything is smooth sailing it is a matter of a few weeks. If you have to appeal (there are 3levels of appeal) then it can take a year for each of the 3 appeals if necessary.

Because my claim was complicated with a workplace injury claim, they shared files, so many Dr's and therapists opinions it became very confusing. They did not know what part of my illness/injury they would put for the basis of my claim. Finally it was determined the fibro was what they would base it on, all the visible injuries had healed. Fibro was then put under the chronic pain heading and I was awarded 100% of my pay.

Worst part....it took 10 years Best part.....they paid me back pay 10 years tax free

They also awarded me a large amount for the actual injury.

All I can say is have patience, it is hard but for those who deserve, it will happen... X
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Grannypants » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:46 pm

Thank you for your replies. I too said I would take a cancellation at short notice, my hearing will be at Derby but I also said I was willing to travel. I am pinning all my hopes on this tribunal being successful which I know is wrong but I don't know what else we can do. We are struggling to make ends meet and in fear of losing the house. There is no way I can work and the Rheumatologist, Physio and gp have backed me all the way and said I am incapable of working. I even paid for a medical from my gp who was very thorough and wrote a report based on her findings through physical examination and not just on what I told her. I have almost lost the use of my right arm because my shoulder is so bad. also I have bursitis in my hips and knees, arthritis in my back and neck and tendonitis and RA in both hands. I was told to ask for a reconsideration because my conditions have got worse but then I was advised that there was no point doing this and that my only hope is the tribunal. I suppose I just have to keep on waiting and hoping for a good outcome when I get there.
Grannypants
UKFM Member

Postby lolo73 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:41 pm

I put my forms in originally early January, I appealed at the beginning of March, I have heard nothing since. I phone them from time to time and they just keep saying it takes time to sort it. Obviously it will end up at appeal tribunal and that looks like it will be an extraordinary wait. How do these people think we live in the mean time? :-x
lolo73
UKFM Member

Postby Grannypants » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:52 pm

I have received a phone call from the tribunals service asking if I can go to appeal on August 8th. Can I? I will set out now and crawl there if I have to lol. Now the fear is starting to set in already. EEEEEEEK!!
Grannypants
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits