LRM shock

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

LRM shock

Postby Pretzelnut » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:48 pm

I have just been awarded LRM. I'm in shock.only applied 7 weeks ago and was awarded it after they wrote to my doctor.

I'll be appealing the care element.

I just need to know if I need to inform anyone like income support or housing benefit etc.
Pretzelnut
UKFM Member

Re: LRM shock

Postby denys » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:11 pm

I dont think you have to inform anyone and great news to hear you have been awarded something :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby purrrcatty » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:53 pm

May i ask what is LMR?
purrrcatty
UKFM Newbie

Postby Pretzelnut » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:27 pm

LRM Is lower rate mobility.
Pretzelnut
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:03 pm

Congratulations on your award , I thik they all seem to talk to each other and from my experience DLA seems to be not included when you are awarded other benefits
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby Pretzelnut » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:38 am

I haven't received any paperwork yet, so I don't know the full details of the award.

I had a benefits adviser come to my home and help me fill in the forms. The same lady filled in my mums forms last year, so she understands the condition and its affects on my everyday life. My mum gets high rate indefinitely for care and mobility.

I have been told on another forum that my income support will go up by £31 is this correct?
Pretzelnut
UKFM Member

LRM no care

Postby Pretzelnut » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:47 pm

I have informed everyone I could think of just in case. Income support say it can take a few weeks to sort out the disability premium, but it will be backdated :-P

My benefits advisor is shocked I haven't received any care and is coming out next week to look at my paperwork to see where it was refused and if I have reasons to appeal.
Pretzelnut
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits