Advice please

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Advice please

Postby Loulou123 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:00 pm

First post on here thanks for reading first. Been diagnosed with fibromyalgia since march but been off work since September and I applied for ESA had my atos n scored zero, money stopped last week. Was all for appealing until I received my paper work and don't think I fit into their little boxes!! So I have been to see the work physio today which was per arranged and I have decided to try and go back to work. We are starting very slowly - 1 hr a day twice a week for 4 weeks. Then hopefully build it up-I have told her I am unsure I would be able to build it up but will try. I hope I can or I don't know how we will survive. How do yas cope with all this - I feel so exhausted with it all?

Also if anyone has any pain relief ideas x I was on 1800 gabapentine a day and tramadol snd it sent touching the sides so now on 450 pregabalin and tramadol and still feel pain.

Thanks for reading xx.
Loulou123
UKFM Newbie

Re: Advice please

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:38 am

Hi and :welcome:

By building up hours you may be able to notice how many hours you can tolerate and then reasses the situation. I do not work but many others do so hopefully they can give you more advice.

Loulou123 wrote:Also if anyone has any pain relief ideas x I was on 1800 gabapentine a day and tramadol snd it sent touching the sides so now on 450 pregabalin and tramadol and still feel pain.

Heres a linky for more information

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fibromyalg ... tment.aspx

Every one is an individual and reacts differently to meds and treatments so it a case of trial and error which can be a long ole process.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: Advice please

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:06 am

:cow-wave: :cow-wave: and :welcome: to our little escape from it all :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Sorry to hear you were given a bit fat zero by Atos, they are experts in writing fantasy and fairy stories but have absolutely no idea what it comes to the truth and real life :swear1: :swear1: :swear1: :swear1: :swear1: :swear1:
Loulou123 wrote: I applied for ESA had my atos n scored zero, money stopped last week. Was all for appealing until I received my paper work and don't think I fit into their little boxes!!

I don't think anyone really fits into their nice and neat LitteBoxLand, which is why they churn out the reports that lead to such ridiculous decisions being made :too-upset: :pull-hair: Some may come close, but even those of us who manage to be put in the Support Group still have bits of our bodies sticking out of our allocated box :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

I think it's inevitable that you would have doubts about how successful your phased return to work could be, you haven't been in your work environment for quite a while so you're not exactly sure how you are going to react to being back in it again. If you can, try not to focus on how things might be in the next month. Instead try and just think about each day as it comes, and whatever happens on that day, use that to help with the next one that comes. It's inevitable there will be lumps and bumps at first, but hopefully as things progress, you'll find ways to smooth things out and gradually build up what you are able to do :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

Meds~wise, I was going to add the same linky that Lisa has given you as it has some helpful stuff in it. You could also have a look thru the Treatments and Meds board to see if there is anything helpful in there that you could see your GP about. There are quite a few peeps on here who still work as well, so maybe some of their suggestions could prove useful to you as well.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits