DLA Refused... again

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

DLA Refused... again

Postby animeemo3 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:25 am

*sigh* something always has to bring me down D:
applied for dla last year, took ages then said they had refused all rates. okay, fair enough. i knew that most claims were turned down first time. so i applied again a month or two ago. letter this morning said nope, no rates again. how many times do i have to apply before that actually consider me? they said they had based their decision on the form i submitted and on the report from my most recent WCA, which put me into WRAG group straight away (recently got a reconsideration to be put back in support group accepted) heres my problem. if i got put in WRAG straight away based on my WCA, does that not mean that they see i have problems?? so does that not count for anything? it also says that while i have difficulty, i do not need help turning over in bed. well, i would say that i do, considering that i cannot turn myself over and i develop bedsores, but hey, what they say goes right? i dont even know if its worth appealing (not that i want to, i dont want to speak over the phone, it makes me so nervous, i stutter a lot), or even trying for pip. as far as i know, the only way to apply for pip is to do it over the phone, again, dont want to phone lol should i just leave it??
animeemo3
UKFM Member

Re: DLA Refused... again

Postby linda3719 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:21 am

Hi - Sorry to hear that your claim has been rejected - just a thought but could you get somebody to speak for you? I know exactly what you mean about talking to them on phone, that is just what they want, for you to accept their decision. The process of us getting the help we need is so hard and it is so easy to just give in, but please have a re-think, so as you can get the help you need :-D :-D :-D

take care, Linda x x 8-) 8-)
linda3719
UKFM Member

Postby gimpyphil » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:54 am

Ok,I know how you feel,I had three claims turned down,even went for appeal and lost that because I did not get my paperwork put in fast enough.
The thing with this benifit is how you fill the form in,did you do it yourself or did you get help? The problem with them is they read between the lines,you have to take the doubt away.Try CAB they will be able to help.

Phil.
gimpyphil
UKFM Member

DLA Refused... again

Postby toplessbug » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:05 am

I'm waiting on tribunal of DLA can I apply again while I'm waiting or not ?

Gentle hugs xxxx
toplessbug
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:22 pm

Appeal the decision and not make a new claim, they will probably refuse your claim again. So then take it to the tribunal stage. When it gets that far state that you are too unfit to attend in person and then they will need to send a Dr out to see you. My suggestion is be yourself, if you spend all day in bed then make them see you in bed, if you find it difficult to get dressed then don't get dressed. Don't offer them a cuppa unless someone else is there to make it for them. Then say it as it is; if it's difficult to get dressed then say so, if you have bed sores because you cannot get up then make sure they see them. Although they want to know what you can do, they also should ask you what you cannot do, if they don't ask then tell them, e.g. i do not get in the shower every day because its too painful and exhausting.
If i do not have a medical appointment i rarely get dressed and once i am home again once i have had a rest i undress and put on sweats or pajamas. I was in my pajamas when the Dr came to see me, she was lovely and could see that life was difficult for me and i hope that you get someone like her. She would ask me questions and i would struggle to find the answers with this fibro brain of mine.
The worse thing you can do is get dressed up and look pretty if its not your usual.

Good luck
migrembe
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits