DLA RENEWAL........... quick question

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

DLA RENEWAL........... quick question

Postby kazisedso » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:06 am

Hi all,

I am STILL! filling out my renewal..... have nearly finished.

I just wondered and it might sound stupid.... but can you send TOO MUCH additional info?

What i mean is, i have filled some of the form in writing, then the rest i have done on the computer, bet i'm going to have about 30 extra sheets plus all reports etc.
I know that you have to include as much info as possible, but do you think this is a bit excessive? :yikes: :yikes:

The decision maker is going to need a big cup of tea and a packet of biscuits to read through all of my renewal lol :lol: :lol:

Any thoughts?
Thanks
Karen
kazisedso
UKFM Member

Re: DLA RENEWAL........... quick question

Postby macca » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:00 pm

Too much aint enough. If you think they need to know then tell em, how ever many pages that takes.

Mac
macca
UKFM Member

Postby Pretzelnut » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:46 pm

I's it all relevant to YOU.

I know I struggle with stuff for myself and my kids, and have on occasion spent more time talking / writing about how my illness affects my kids and the things I struggle to do for them.

My benefits assessor says its all irrelevant as it doesn't refer to MY care and mobility needs, which is what they need to know. So I have to go and start all over again.

I do find it odd that if I'm too ill to make a meal for them then surely I'm too ill to make a meal for myself aswell.
But I guess you have to spell EVERYTHING out for them.
Pretzelnut
UKFM Member

Postby kazisedso » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:25 pm

HI and thanks for the replies,

yep! everything i have put is relevant to me and the help and care that i need and how my illnesses and disabilities affect me day to day.
i have been like a stuck record and a lot of stuff is repeated but in different ways......
i do use the benefits and works guides, but i just thought WHOA! all this paperwork seems a bit excessive.
But since my last claim, my health has deteriorated greatly and my so everything needs to be documented.

i think you are right Macca even too much is not enough lol.

cheers.
karen
kazisedso
UKFM Member

Postby Tracie » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:11 pm

Send every bit of info you have.
Tracie
UKFM Member

Postby macca » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:53 am

As is documented elsewhere on here our last approach to DWP on my wifes behalf for ESA was 128 pages in total and it secured the right result. Her ESA is up for review at the end of the year and although DWP has had a shed load of information from us we'll be taking it back to square one, assuming they know nothing, and telling em everything.

I've already got most of that application written with a view to keeping it updated over the next few months. The ESA application form and supplementary information including copy medical reports, copy medical appointments, ill health retirement reports, pain management reports, incapacity benefit reports, rheumatalogist reports etc etc. So far this next application is over 150 pages and it will only get longer.

Importantly its all specific and relavant to my wife's illnesses and the impact on her life.

Like I say, too much aint enough.

Mac
macca
UKFM Member

Postby kazisedso » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:40 am

Hi Macca,

Bless you for that info.

Isn't it just awful that we have to keep a 'log' of our illnesses and disabilities and how they affect us day to day :nono: what chance have you got to try and just 'get on with it' as best as you can when you have to keep re-visiting whats been happening and how bad you have been.......... :roll: :roll:
A necessary evil :evil: i am afraid especially if you want to apply for the monetary help that is absolutely needed and crucial to try and claw back some of your life.

God bless you for keeping note on behalf of your wife.......
I am using lot's of phone apps to record how i feel, what care i need and pain diaries etc, plus using apps to record all appointments attended.
I find using my phone easier than writing as i get awful pains in my wrists.
Anyway, i am pleased to report that my renewal is now fully completed, and copied and will be winging its way to DWP tomorrow morning.
It's going to cost a small fortune to post...
But, after all the blooming effort it has taken to fill it in i am going to make sure it gets there :lol:

Have a great day

Karen
kazisedso
UKFM Member

Postby macca » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:55 am

After our experience of last year i firmly believe that the goal is to secure benefit support on paper assessment. My own opinion is that if DWP send you for assessment, whether that be work capability assessment for ESA or a different assessment for DLA /PIP, then they've arguably already written you off and the purpose of the assessment is not to assess your entitlement but to allow DWP an opportunity to gather an 'independent' report on you (accurate or not) to bolster their defence case should you take it to appeal.

Call me sceptical but......

Mac
macca
UKFM Member

Postby reegogo » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:59 am

send everything you have,worked for my renewal,took a long time to complete but definately worth it rather than just completing booklet then being asked for additional info just delays renewal process,Good Luck.
reegogo
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:23 pm

I fell you need to put as much supporting evidence with yout claim to consist with what you say as possible this is facts supported by professionals.

You can then go on to write as many pages as you like about your personal life/circumstances and how your illness effects you BUT!..

My advice would be to keep each bit as short and to the point as you can as sometimes giving too much can also go against you. Only tell them what they need to know.

My mother (she works within NHS and deals with another form for financial help) says that most times if huge form arrives with lots of paperwork they hyst skip thro it. So she says to make everything to the point and not round the houses so to speak to get a better chance.

On my first ever DLA form i made the mistake of writing how my illness effects my children and they wrote back to say this is not want they want :oops:

On the additional information i have put alot about all the private treatments and care/mobility needs i pay for and for how long. What treatments i need to pay for the future (myself) and explained this is because (in my situation) the NHS cannot fund me (gave reasons) and what would be the outcome if i was unable to pay for this.

Some people put a diary sheet of there day in the dla forms so its breaks down all there care /mobility needs through out the day for a better understanding

You can also add all the treatments/tablets/physio etc you have tried in the past but have not been successfull

Good luck.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: DLA RENEWAL........... quick question/ UPDATED!!

Postby kazisedso » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:48 pm

Hi all,

would just like to share my good news received this morning. :-D

I have been awarded HRC + HRM till 2015 ( obviously when PIP Rolls out for all). :lol:

It has only taken them 15 days to decide, So i am over the moon :chicken-dance:

The letter states they have awarded me up until 2015 as how much help i will need then is uncertain.......
I'll take that for now....
But unless there is a cure in the next two years.............. :roll: :roll:

Anyway... i am extremely grateful so i best shurrup!! lololololol!

Just thought i would share it with you lovely people :lol: :lol:

Karen
kazisedso
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:10 pm

:woot: :woot: :woot: :welldone: :welldone: :welldone:

Great news :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby macca » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:27 pm

Belter news kid, glad you're sorted

Mac
macca
UKFM Member

Postby ecologisttobe » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:24 pm

Glad you got your benefit easily. :-D I am also writing 23456543 pages for PIP...exhausting but hopefully worth it.

I don't have any reports from the past medical appointments (before 2011) because I never realised for years that my condition would get so debilitating!!!! lol
ecologisttobe
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits