college fees & childcare help :O)

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

college fees & childcare help :O)

Postby pixiepixie1982 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:16 am

hi guys,

I have been in the support group, since last dec. the last 3 or 4 months my fibromyalgia has felt much better (having a bit of a relapse at the mo!!! but remaining positive!!!!) but im looking into going into full time study to do photography. im really hoping to get back to work at some point. I don't think ill get enough points on my next medical as much better than I was then.

I never filled the dla form as I felt I was no poorly enough, in my eyes dla is a different level to esa????? no idea if im right.

I have 2 children, one is starting nursey the 15 hrs funded in sept, so hoping to not have to worry about child care for him,

my other child will be just over 1 years old when college starts.

will I be able to get help for couse fees & child care etc. my partner is working 40hours a week, min wage, tempory so may be out of work soon unless something else crops up.

any advice would be great thanks

its a btec level 2 im hoping to apply for??? :-P
pixiepixie1982
UKFM Member

Re: college fees & childcare help :O)

Postby Iceskatemum » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:25 pm

Not really sure about the whole ins and outs of college requirements but in the first instance would suugest going and talking to a benefits advisor they may be better placed in giving you te info that you need.

Good luck , hope the course goes well for you
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby pixiepixie1982 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:11 pm

thanks, I may just do that. would CAB be just as informed??? saying that ive just moved here so there may be more to offer than where I used to live (there was not much in the way of advice where I was other than CAB. ill google and see what I can find :O) x x x
pixiepixie1982
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:53 pm

You could also try contacting the college(s) that you are considering applying to and see what they have to say. They tend to have their own advisers who can tell you about help available for students from course fees thru to child care and also what help is available to students with disabilities/illnesses/conditions so they can study effectively.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits