ESA.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ESA.

Postby gimpyphil » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:54 am

Hi,Just wondered if anyone on here has filled in their ESA form sent it in and not had to go for medical and get awarded ESA?

Thanks....Phil.
gimpyphil
UKFM Member

Re: ESA.

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:01 pm

What i can say is for first time claimants / some people tranfereing from IB to ESA its these people that are called into a medical more so then a renewal.

I was called up when i first applied but since then all my renewals have never needed a medical.

I was told by ESA that all applications firstly go to ATOS who read an assess the forms to whether or not a medical is needed. If not the forms are then sent to an ESA decision maker who decides what happens next.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby syrena » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:07 pm

I got my questionnaire yesterday, havnt filled it out yet as hands are too sore to write :(
syrena
UKFM Newbie

Postby ghosty1964 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:36 pm

i have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia,although ive been through hell before i got to see a decent doctor as he thought i had pollymyalgia and was sent to see a professor who said it wasnt that but fibromyalgia. i have just recieved my forms for limited capabilty for work questionaire. i am useless at filling in forms.
ghosty1964
UKFM Newbie

Postby cnedra73 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:08 pm

It's been nearly 4 years since I was last employed but I previously worked as a income support benefit processor. From what I was informed from the ESA decision makers is that fibro is now a medical condition listed as acceptable for claiming benefit. The problem is proving that the illness impacts your life in such a way that you have difficulty working.
If you are having problems filling the form in call citizens advice, even if you can complete the form it may be advisable to call them and seek advice on how to complete the form as saying yes you can manage something when in fact you are doing it through gritted teeth is not the correct thing to say.
Good luck
cnedra73
UKFM Member

Postby gimpyphil » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:00 pm

Hi,I have been on IB for 8years,I have to have form in by 31st July,my wife is going to fill the form in for me.I just do not know what I will do if I lose it,feeling very down right now.
Seeing my gp in the morning to ask will he write a letter to send with it.

Phil
gimpyphil
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits