zero points...what now?!?

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

zero points...what now?!?

Postby ouchiemama » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:25 pm

So I got my letter today stating I recieved zero points, I have searched on here & looked through what to do next but has this changed now with the pip etc...

I do hope to get to work, but really not sure what I could actually do & as I am still trying meds & waiting for a pain clinic appointment.

Should I just go onto jsa & explain my limitations or ask for a reconsideration?? I really do not think I am fit for work & my doctor agrees but with all the changes will I get no money while waiting for them to reconsider?

I plan to go to cab for advice but just wondering if anyone else has any advice?

I should ask to see my report as it says I check emails, facebook & online shopping so zero points..well I do that but not all at once or every day & yes I hoover & tidy up but again not with ease it hurts, i have to rest & some days I cant do it so kids help but no mention of this..

Aghh I just dont know what to do & dont know if I have the energy to fight it! As I havent been working as had a partner working & 3 kids but now my youngest is in school & split with partner so maybe I should try to find work & see if I can cope with it???

I have had no let up this year & been in pain constantly, seems this 'flare' is here to stay maybe?

Sorry if Im rambling as I usualy do & sorry im posting again as I feel like im always asking for help on here! :yikes:

Thank you in advance for any replies! xx
ouchiemama
UKFM Member

Re: zero points...what now?!?

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:41 pm

I think that now (or that it is coming in very soon) when you tell them that you disagree with their decision, your claim is sent for what they describe as a mandatory reconsideration. If it hasn't come in yet, tell them that you want to have your file sent for reconsideration. Also tell them that you want a copy of the Statement Of Reasons for their decision, this will tell you exactly what fairy tale has been made up about you. When you get it, go thru it and pull apart what they have said and show them exactly where they have got it wrong by including any additional evidence you think will help support your case.

You only have a limited amount of time to do this, so tell them as quickly as possible about your intentions, that way there will be a record of it. Then make an appt with someone like CAB for help with putting it all together.

:goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby ouchiemama » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:24 pm

thank you fluppy puffy (think thats right) really appreciate your replies not just to this but my other posts :-D :-D xx
ouchiemama
UKFM Member

Postby ouchiemama » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:20 pm

Just a wee update - I phoned & they are sending me an appeal form & copy of the report & explanation for their decision, they have my doctors letter up till 21 august then I just send another 1 like I have been doing & will continue to get esa while the appeal is looked at :-)

Thats a relief atleast Im not going to be left with nothing while they decide, the new rules/way musnt be in place yet. xx
ouchiemama
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:11 pm

Good luck ouchiemama hope they see sense and sort your claim out pronto :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits