After 18 mths I won DLA tribunal

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

After 18 mths I won DLA tribunal

Postby Cheltz » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:46 pm

After waiting 18 months from my original claim, my tribunal was this afternoon. I was dreading it.

My claim was for DLA was refused in Feb 2012 on both the mobility and careers element. I asked for my claim to be looked at again and I was again turned down. I took it to appeal and today, after 18 months of stress, worry, financial hardship and many many sleepless nights and tears wondering what the hell I was going to do and how I was going to be able to cope, it's over and I won my fight. After 1 hour of questions from the panel, I was awarded high rate mobility and middle rate care for 2 years.

Although the two years will be up in 7 months and I will have to go through the whole process again, my payments will be back dated to Feb 2012.

What a relief, I can't explain how that feels, I'm still in shock and now it's all over I feel like a rag doll that's lost all its stuffing, or a deflated balloon. Such a strange feeling.

Anyway my advice to others who's claims are turned down is appeal, appeal, for goodness sake appeal. Do not give up, do not give in. Keep on fighting.

Gentle hugs
Cheltz x x
Cheltz
UKFM Member

Re: After 18 mths I won DLA tribunal

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:58 pm

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: Fantastic news for you Cheltz :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: Today seems to be the day for the right decisions being made at appeals :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: This means the celebratory :cup1: :cup1: :cup1: :cup1: :cup1: and [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] :cake: :cake: :cake: are on you :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Iceskatemum » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:15 am

Wow so glad to hear your good news , well done.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby debbie0499 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:21 am

Well done you.
CONGRATS.

You hung in there,and it paid off. Good on you.after 3 years of form and applying I
won.
After 3 years of applying I got it award for same 2yrs
i have fibro,arthritis and a
tumor on spine. I got told because
fibro,can vary.thats why i got it for
2years.

why have u got. to go through it
again in 7mths.is it cause it is back
dated.?
Hopefully you wont go onto Pip
straight away..with them slowly changing
everyone ouer.
But with you getting an Award now,that should
stand u in good stead

I know when mine comes up for review.
i will be assessed for Pip.but its the way the
system goes.
am so please for you.you should be proud of
yourself for sticking it out.
and yes, to anyone in the same position
dont give up.keep applying.
as people with Fibro can and do get DLA.
debbie0499
UKFM Member

Postby linda3719 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:03 am

Well done you :-D :-D :-D :-D

Its just such a shame that so many of us have to go through hell to get some help, I am also waiting for an tribunal appeal for ela -
and it does you good to see other people win there case!

Well done again, and massive treat with your back pay! Enjoy

Linda x x x :-D :-D :-D :-D
linda3719
UKFM Member

Postby Cheltz » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:42 am

Yeah Fluppy, I will certainly be celebrating soon. I need to recover from yesterday's tribunal first. I was shattered and drained after that. I am also hanging on until the money is in my account before I pop the cork on the champagne though, as I understand that the DWP could appeal against the tribunals decision yet, but they can only do that if its to do with a point of law that they dispute. I'm not counting my chickens just yet.

Debbie, yes my claim is to be back dated to Feb 2012, my 2 years takes me to Feb 2014, then I will have to apply again. But yes people with fibro can get benefit, although I do have other health issues namely Lupus and pots. But both of these conditions are similar to fibro in that some days are worse than others.

Good luck to everyone that is battling, not only with the DWP but also with life with fibro.

Cheltz. X
Cheltz
UKFM Member

Postby cozza50 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:31 pm

well done gives me hope i have just got forms from the PIP ppl going to get CAB help me fill it in as they know how to word things
but well done again x
cozza50
UKFM Member

Postby moomoos » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:27 pm

Well done..... another fight won, great news. I'm very happy for you :-D
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby millymoodoo » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:55 am

Wow another one :welldone: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Milly :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits