Advice please

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Advice please

Postby salimrashid » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:42 pm

hi can somebody advice me what to do, i had my medical with dla, they refused so i put in appeal they sent me all the papers after reading them i totally disagry with the doctors report he said in his papers that i can cook and go to toilet which is wrong they also go a report from my GP who clearly said i need help cooking bathing and going toilet, what shall in do.
salimrashid
UKFM Newbie

Re: Advice please

Postby denys » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:09 am

Hi I have split your post from the topic you had written in and moved it into here with another title, you will get more hits here and if you read through this board you will see lots of people have had or are having the same issues as yourself.

Firstly you need to let the DWP know you are going to appeal the decision, then if you can get some help from organisations such as CAB or DIAL or you can ask social services if they can help. Secondly go and speak to your doc, see if they will write you a letter saying they fully support your claim and then go through the report and highlight all the things that you disagree with.

Next photocopy everything, so that you have copies of everything you submit to the DWP regarding your claim, if you speak to them on the phone take a name and record this plus the date and time of calling/speaking to them and finally :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: I hope you get a positive outcome in the end :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Re: Advice please

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:17 am

salimrashid wrote:hi can somebody advice me what to do, i had my medical with dla, they refused so i put in appeal they sent me all the papers after reading them i totally disagry with the doctors report he said in his papers that i can cook and go to toilet which is wrong they also go a report from my GP who clearly said i need help cooking bathing and going toilet, what shall in do.

Humm...
Typical DWP send someone to do a medical who dont know you and think within half an hour they can assess your whole situation by asking a few questions where as your GP knows you/your medical history and so forth and has done a report as you say clear enough to point out you need help with asks yet this gets over rided! :nono:

Ok so you need to write down everything they say which you feel is untrue and tackle each one with more explaination and referances to any back up for this for exmple.
DWP *You can cook a meal*
YOU * I disagree with this as I cannot cook because (insert answer) and my GP states in his report i am unable to cook for myself and need help (highlight where GP says you cannot cook yourself or qoute his answer to the question)
You can also go into more depth about why you need help, anything you did not put on the forms that maybe relavent.
Any injurys whilst attempting to cook EG burns / cuts etc and a report from *someone who knows you* to back this up.

Its trying to back everything up by facts. All the evidence you sent it qoute from.

More indepth explainations which gives them a better all round picture.

Anyone who can do a report for you to back you up for example (random)... DWP * you are not at risk of falling*
Answer *I fall many times each week because the stiffness in my legs causes my balance to be effected and on one occasion mrs smith witnessed the fall (add mrs smiths report of events)

Hope that makes sense :crazy:

Also as denys said you can contact CAB for help but they get very busy and your on a time limit to complete and send in so i would call now if you feel you need help.

:goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits