Tribunal this Thursday, need advice.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Tribunal this Thursday, need advice.

Postby Cheltz » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:44 pm

I am so pleased for you. Well done.

Cheltz x
Cheltz
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:49 pm

I am glad for you too
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby Grannypants » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:22 am

Cheltz, I called DWP and they said it can take 6 weeks for them to sort it out so I won't hold my breath waiting lol.
Grannypants
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:44 pm

Well done glad it went well
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Cheltz » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:45 pm

Hi Grannypants,
Yes I was also told that it could take up to 6 weeks, however when I phoned them and was told this I went ballistic, stating that I had already had to wait nearly 19 months and that this was totally unacceptable. In my opinion I've waited long enough. Lol.

The tribunal decision is first sent to Birmingham who then have to send it back to the decision makers who are in Leeds. They then have to look at it and decide if they have any grounds to appeal to the 2nd tier tribunal. They can only do this if they disagree about a point of law. They have 28 days to do this.

If they are not going to appeal against the tribunal decision they then write to you to ask you to confirm your bank details, even though you will have put these details on your original claim form, and to ask if you have spent any time in hospital or abroad as this can effect what they have to pay you. Once they receive this conformation from you they then enter it onto their computer system and your arrears are calculated and a payment is auctioned. This should land in your bank account within 6 days.

To bypass this, what can only be described as time wasting, I insisted that they put me through to the decision makers and I confirmed all my details over the phone to save them writing to me. This was a week ago and yesterday I got a phone call from the DLA to say that my back payment should be in my bank account by Monday. That will be exactly 3 weeks after my appeal hearing.

My advice to you is to ring them again and insist that you are put through to your case manager so that you can confirm your details via telephone. It certainly cut the time down in my case. You still need to be pushing them and its disgusting that you should still have to do this but sometimes he/she that shouts the loudest does get heard. Keep their number on speed dial Grannypants and don't let them fob you off.

CHELTZ.
Cheltz
UKFM Member

Postby Grannypants » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:57 pm

Thank you for the help Cheltz, I'm so glad yours is now sorted. I rang the DWP this morning and was told I'd just have to wait. I asked to be put through to Leeds and they told me they couldn't do that which is rubbish, I know they can because I used to work on the phones for the DWP on winter fuel payments. So I tried insisting but they still claimed they couldn't. Fortunately I had the number for Leeds so I rang them direct. The lady I spoke to confirmed my account details with me over the phone and I asked her to enter a note on her system saying this had been done. So now I wait again lol. Oh well at least I tried. Apparently they received the information from the tribunal service on Aug 14th so at least I know they have it.
Grannypants
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits