Help RE: ESA

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Help RE: ESA

Postby anonymouse » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:08 pm

Yes the system isn't set up for people who rely on benefits to live on, when something goes wrong it takes 10 times longer to rectify than they thought at the "design" phase and then in my experience decision makers do not understand the implications of their actions so if there is any doubt they don't give you the benefit of doubt they give the system the benefit instead. There are hundreds of thousands of unique stories out there of people loosing everything but they have very little voice. That's why I chose to learn every bit of relevent legislation as its the only stick you can beat them with. Surprisingly I have has benefits re-instated on the day as soon as I told the decision maker their actions were unlawful. The whole system does not work but it designed to save them money if it doesn't work, so it means nothing will be done as money is always the ultimate goal, the welfare of people will always come bellow this on the agenda.
Fibro, Chronic Pain, Insomnia, Psoriasis, Migraines, Light & Hyper Sensitivity & Joint Subluxation but apart from that I am perfectly healthy & battling for ESA & DLA. - Twitter: my_fibromyalgia - Facebook: myfibromyalgia
anonymouse
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:12 pm

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: it gets sorted out soon :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby JimS » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:29 am

A quick update

After calling them this morning I found that they had received the tribunal details on the 8th August but for some reason the system hadn't been updated.

They called me back to tel me that the system had now been updated and my benefits would continue. :)

Now I need to got to bed for a week to recover lol.

Thanks for all of the reassuring advice.

Cheers Jim
Last edited by JimS on Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
JimS
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:16 am

:woot: thats good to hear...

Wonder what excuse book they found that from eh! :roll:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:00 am

*Lisa* wrote:Wonder what excuse book they found that from eh! :roll:

Mr Googly's Bumper Summertime Book Of Convenient But Not Quite True Excuses To Give To Callers :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout:

Glad you've got things sorted Jim, hope you'll be :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: a bit more soundly tonight :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:25 pm

:woot: :woot: :woot:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby anonymouse » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:34 pm

I'm glad I the advice I gave was right in the end. Hope it helped ease your worries. Unfortunately you have learn every step in the system so you can ring and tell them which steps they have got wrong, as they tend not to realise by themselves.
Fibro, Chronic Pain, Insomnia, Psoriasis, Migraines, Light & Hyper Sensitivity & Joint Subluxation but apart from that I am perfectly healthy & battling for ESA & DLA. - Twitter: my_fibromyalgia - Facebook: myfibromyalgia
anonymouse
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits