ESA

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ESA

Postby Pinkprincess205 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:02 pm

So been on incapacity for 5 years and got a letter yesterday saying i will get a call to talk about going over to ESA and then get a questionnaire to fill in and they maybe go for a medical.
Can anyone thats already swapped over tell me what the phone call is about, will they ask medical questions about my condition? Is the questionnaire just like the normal one i get every year on IB? Really worried that most people dont end up getting swapped over, and then have to appeal etc
Victoria x
Pinkprincess205
UKFM Member

Re: ESA

Postby denys » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:14 pm

Sorry I'm still waiting so cant really help but if you read through some of the other posts I'm sure you'll get some help with your questions
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby allyson2663 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:41 am

hi there,the phone basically explains the change over to ESA from incapacity and that you ll be getting a form to fill in shortly nothing to worry about there,but its the ESA form you need to worry about !!! search on the net for advise I didnt just paniced and was put in WRAG ! they sent me for a review at the job centre after that I failed my appeal and am now waiting for my tribunal on the 6th :cry: good luck to all x
allyson2663
UKFM Newbie

Postby beckstar127 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:12 pm

I am on incapcity amd have had the letter and sent it back but i still havent heard anything at all
But they have changed my payments to forenightly instead of weekly.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
beckstar127
UKFM Member

Postby Pinkprincess205 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:10 pm

Still not had a phone call or letter yet.
Pinkprincess205
UKFM Member

Postby zappa20 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:32 am

beckstar127 wrote:I am on incapcity amd have had the letter and sent it back but i still havent heard anything at all
But they have changed my payments to forenightly instead of weekly.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

It can take weeks to months to hear anything. could be they've made a decision based on your form, and forgotten to tell you if it's been an exceptionally long time. But if you've any concerns you can phone the DWP number on the letter you received with the ESA50 form and they'll be able to tell you at what stage your claim is.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits