My DLA GP Report for DWP

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

My DLA GP Report for DWP

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:04 pm

Long post !... :oops:

So i thought i had found a good GP at my surgery!

She was a registrar and a good one at that! a great listener, understanding, sympathetic and couldnt do enough for me.

She took me seriously, told her all about my life, conditions/illness and how they effect my every day life.

I ended up seeing her twice a month for a year to be monitored due to severe anxiety/depression plus investigations and referals.

She was a star! first GP i really connected with and i never felt i was wasting her time. She would even run over time and i would be there in the room over 20mins yet this was ok it never caused an issue as she was wanting to help me so much.

I knew she was only going to be at the surgery for a year as being a registrar she would be moving on this was just part of her training so i made sure i saw her as often as i could to get things finally sorted out as she wanted to help.

I told her about the DLA renerwal and ESA forms that had come through at same time, how much stress i was under as i pay for my own therapies and mental health and that i needed this financial help so much.

She could see and commented on how ill i was with the stress of the forms and even wanted to up my tablets by double to get me through.

The GP even told me i needed more therapies then i was able to fund as my mobility was deteriorating and knew i needed a higher rate of DLA to be able to do this / to help my health improve.

SHe was the one that saw my muscles lock into a severe spasm and knew i needed 24/7 care when this happens which is frequant. She dished out diazapam each time also knowing the severity of the pain.

She also felt my jaw which locked up with the TMJ and again loads of diazapam.

She could clearly see how fatigued i was as commented on this many a times and i could never speak properly as my words were jumbled from the fatigue. She commented on how i would bring my *list* as i was very forgetful and many a times i would stop dead our conversation as i would come over with a blank and not remember what was being said.

This was the GP that saw my injurys from the fall i had and even sent me for x/ray on knees as i was having problems with my knee buckling which caused the fall. This tuned out to be oesteoarthritis and called me to tell me. She said there was nothing i could do for this and that i may be having more falls and to be carefull!!

She used to get up from her seat as she saw me struggling to get out of the chair and help me up!

I told her of my care needs / mobility needs who cares for me... how and when etc etc etc......

Ok to the point!!!

The DLA requested a doctors report! I was told by my registrar that it wouldnt be her as not qualified to do so :?: (lies) and that it would be the GP whom they have newly appointed to me (never seen him before)

I was stressed to think that a GP thats never seen me and knows nothing about me would be filling in these forms :shock: this worried me so much as he would just go by whats written on the computer. I was tho confident all info was there but its best really that he at least knew who i was

It worked out that the GP who would be given my forms to fill out for DWP was on holiday.

The DLA came to a decision and lowered my care componant! AND THEN backdated the flippin thing by 2/3 months back :yikes:

I asked for reconsideration and they stayed the same :roll:

On the form its says i can:

Walk up and down steps/stairs
at NO risk of falling!
Can wash/dress myself
I do not need any help with therapies / treatments

The list went on but there the pointers i want to talk about (which i mentioned on my reconsideration) for example:

I cannot walk up and down steps as i fall, in fact the hospital have my records of my fall and injuries and x/ray report to show that it was the oesteoarthritis in my knees causing my legs to buckle as well as weak legs. I also fell on monday going up 1 step and again injured all my foot/ankle/ knee etc...
I live in a ground floor flat as i cannot climb stairs :roll:

When my muscles lock into spasm i am bedbound for many weeks and need 24/7 care, i cannot move an inch! and even without that happening as i am severely stiff i cannot bend at all (have other related back problems also) so i cannot get dressed by myself or get in and out the bath etc etc...

I have to have daily massages and have physio sessions and need creams being applyed to my back YET there teeling me i can do this all by myself! I argued in the re consideration that there is no way i can massage myself! i mean not even a health person can massage there own flippin back :nono:

The re consideration still got me no where so i then thought that this obvioulsy had to have something to do with the GP report.

I called DWP and asked who was it that wrote the report but they couldnt say so i requested a copy of the report to see as if i was goin to appeal i needed to also know what has been said to know what im appealing against!

Well...

Today i recieved the GP report for my DLA claim and would you believe it! the report was just a few pages and it had been written scruffy and very quickly and were DWP has asked for indepth anwers this GP has writted 2 word replies :evil:

The answers to all the care needs questions was just *NO LIMITATIONS* WTF! :evil: :evil:

They also put down i have MODERATE fibromyalgia?????

AND they photcopied and stuck in a report that back dates 7 years ago from a rhumatologist i saw. I have dramaticly deteriorated since then!

The report also mentions that they dont have anything saying i have chronic fatigue syndrome (DX by consultant) although (which makes me laugh) everything i have gone to see the previous GP about was either put down to FM or CFS :-? :-? :-? even my hives has been put down to CFS

Mind you what i did read in the consultant report back 7 years ago was there concerns over Lupus. This is were the mystery of my on going boredaline Lupus comes from (another story)

Now for the stabb in the back!...

The report was signed by..... YEP you guessed it... The registrar i had been seeing for the past year! :scream-1:

Funny thing was when i got my decision i saw her not long after and ranted on about how one of the GPs had really messed up my forms and screwed my moneys up and now i fluffed!!! .... it was her!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: gawd knows what she must have been thinking :lol:

No wonder why she didnt say much cause she knew i would have gone mad :evil:

So an appeal is a no go for me at this time and no one can change this as not only would i have to get another GP to go against this report but to also do the report. GP's in my surgery do not do any reports unless requested so thats me stuffed! also GP's stick together and knowing she saw me for a year will mean she had good knowledge of my situation.

She has now left! just a few weeks ago! ... lucky escape for her :evil: :lol:

I will take this paperwork down the surgery when i next go as i have many questions and to discuss my care needs so its down!

So i suppose what i can say to everyone is when you decide to appeal ALWAYS ask for a copy of your GP report!

RANT OVER!
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: My GP Report for DWP

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:29 pm

Hi

Theres no need for me to change surgeries as the GP has left and what i thought was a fantastic GP and recommended her and always had something to good say about her , in the end turned out to be a bad apple so to speak. Just one of those things but not getting upset with this i am trying to use this as a postive in the way were i can now rectify the situation and also learn from my mistakes and lastly to always make sure i talk about my care needs in more depth/write them down for referance for future renewals.

The spasms i get are when you bend/lift and you here the *crack* then your off ya feet in agony screaming in pain and cannot move :shock: what you describe is possibly were the muscle become so tight they pull the spine out of alignment although they couls also be in a spasm. When the muscles relax the spine re-alines.

I remember the dentist commenting on a x/ray of mine. I had my jaw/neck etc x/rayed then again a few months later. He told me that my whole neck had move place! the reason being was i started physio which helped realine the spine back.

My spine curves inwards as well as i can feel when its being pulled out by the muscles. When this happen i get nerve pain which shoots from my back up to my head/neck into my face :yikes:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby fibro-lu » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:37 pm

dear Lisa,
:hugs:
don't know what to say :(
this is so unbelievable cruel :cry: :swear1:
one of those: "it was too good to be true" I suppose :yikes:
can you get a copy of your medical records from the surgery? to see what she was writing? :pcsmash:
DLA is already a pain but to be kicked by your surgery is awful :tongueout: :face-slap:
do you know where she moved to? :penguin:
wishing you all the strength you need to appeal and to win! :blowkiss: :flowers:
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby shaz61 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:49 pm

I am in the same position as you :( I have been with my surgery since I was Born 53 years ago and I have had the same Doctor for 20 of those years. I suffer with Primary Lymphoedma, Fibro , Hypothyroidism and (probably because of these) I suffer with Anxiety, Depression and panic Attacks! I also can't take Nsaids or Opioids because I am allergic to them :(

I suffer severe pain and my mobility is very poor, and I have been this way for several years . My Doctor as been wonderful over the years and as supported me all the way , that was until I was turned down for ESA again, and I am going to appeal. I asked My Doctor for help and asked him for a report ,but he told me to go to CAB for help and just wrote a brief note listing my illness's! He could see I was very distressed and increased my fluoxetine, and put me on diazepam to help me cope. I left the surgery feeling totally alone and completely deflated! The one person who could put this injustice right, was not willing to!

I decided to request my medical records, which cost me £10 for the computerized ones and I will use this as evidence in my appeal .

I really don’t know what is going on with Gp's , and I wonder if the Government as threatened them in some way, but this is totally out of character for my Doctor!
shaz61
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:01 pm

Not a clue wheres shes gone but i can tell you now she aint gonna wanna bump into me again! :evil:

Thats a good idea about getting my medical reports from surgery but i have decided not to appeal for many reasons but will use this for my next renewal or i may put in a change of circumstances and go that way around rather then the stress and torment and exhaustion of appeal.

Hi shaz,

I dont just have fibro i also have sciatica, degenerative disc disease / curved pine/ prolapsed discs and much more :yikes: i did get my mobility componant but they slashed my care which is very contridictive as there telling me i cannot walk and get around outside without severe pain and discomfort YET they tell me i can get around indoors OK! :?: :?: maybe the pain lift when you walk indoors???? :crazy: :crazy: do they know something i dont? :roll: :lol: oh and it goes on...

The reason why i needed my middle rate care/higher care is because not only do i need the care BUT i also need the money to be able to fund my disabilities and as said above my GP's want me to pay for more therapies as my mobility is poor.

I also got a letter from the mental health team to confirm i has severe depression and anxiety BUT i will need to FUND my own mental health therapy also! this is more moeny to find as well as paying for private physio etc... moneys the GP's knew i needed :roll:
*Lisa*

Postby fibro-lu » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:04 pm

.... forgot....
when I needed a GP's report,
first GP said to me to write it down "keywords" and then he would write a report
when it was time to actually write the report he said he didn't have time for "that"

I too paid £10 for my med rec and used this to back up what I would like to have in my report
so I wrote down what I would like him to write and
handed it over to him at my next appointment (or gave it to the receptionist? can't recall)

the report came back nearly word by word, signed etc
one copy for me, one copy for whichever company was asking for it

some things are better done by myself/ourselves
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby shaz61 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:06 pm

I'm afraid I have no choice but to appeal :( I live alone and ESA is my income :(
shaz61
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:08 pm

On the GP's not writing a report for you...

I was told if they do this for me then they would have to do this for the thousands they have on there books :roll: and so only reports go out when requested :-? BUT if you get turned down completely they just MAY help out but by there own discretion.

I think i will do that lou next time but i thought she has written it all down on the computer as she was tapping away as i spoke each time...

Shaz this is DLA and if i was to get nothing i would have had to appeal but will have to stick on the mobility componant and use that for my therapies but cannot pay for extra now which is needed to be able to improve so am stuck like this :roll:
*Lisa*

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:10 pm

shaz61 wrote:I'm afraid I have no choice but to appeal :( I live alone and ESA is my income :(

sorry forgot to add... good luck!! :fingerscrossed: there are topics on ESA appeals accross the board. Put in ESA appeals on the search bar above this will help you find them
*Lisa*

Postby shaz61 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:12 pm

Thank you :-D I will take a look
shaz61
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:14 pm

... change of circumstances......
sounds good and far less stressful (need to keep that in mind too)

there was something somewhere were someone explaint what you can use your DLA for and what not
like:
you cannot do your shopping with the £'s but you can do window shopping to get you out of your home

found it
check out
DLA Top Tips from Benefits and Work Site
by FluppyPuffy » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:51 pm
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Re: My DLA GP Report for DWP

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:16 pm

Exaclty what i was thinking...

Plan is to go to GP with report and discuss it all, tell of care needs etc so its on system then in 6 months do a COC in regards to care needs :mrgreen:

Thanks Lu
*Lisa*

Postby fibro-lu » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:20 pm

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12521&p=135065&hilit=DLA+top+tips#p135065

that's the link to the tips
if it doesn't work typ
DLA top tips in search and go to page 2
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby woodbon » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:29 pm

Hello I've been around a while and written a few times but really I'm new fibro - I also have arthritis in my spine and hands.
I am really sorry for you with DLA. I had ESA for 1 year, but had it stoped after an examination by ATOS, so I sympathise with you. I have been refused even with a report from the Occupational Health Doctor for the Council, which awarded me a full pension, as they said they could never offer work of any kind due to my condition! Its all such a mess and I know how stressed and ill I felt, I wish I had an answer for you. Good luck sorting things out.
woodbon
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:22 pm

So sorry to hear you have been so badly let down Lisa it really is disgusting :( :( :( :(
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Next

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits