[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - My DLA GP Report for DWP

My DLA GP Report for DWP

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: My GP Report for DWP

Postby fibro-lu » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:37 pm

dear Lisa,
:hugs:
don't know what to say :(
this is so unbelievable cruel :cry: :swear1:
one of those: "it was too good to be true" I suppose :yikes:
can you get a copy of your medical records from the surgery? to see what she was writing? :pcsmash:
DLA is already a pain but to be kicked by your surgery is awful :tongueout: :face-slap:
do you know where she moved to? :penguin:
wishing you all the strength you need to appeal and to win! :blowkiss: :flowers:
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby shaz61 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:49 pm

I am in the same position as you :( I have been with my surgery since I was Born 53 years ago and I have had the same Doctor for 20 of those years. I suffer with Primary Lymphoedma, Fibro , Hypothyroidism and (probably because of these) I suffer with Anxiety, Depression and panic Attacks! I also can't take Nsaids or Opioids because I am allergic to them :(

I suffer severe pain and my mobility is very poor, and I have been this way for several years . My Doctor as been wonderful over the years and as supported me all the way , that was until I was turned down for ESA again, and I am going to appeal. I asked My Doctor for help and asked him for a report ,but he told me to go to CAB for help and just wrote a brief note listing my illness's! He could see I was very distressed and increased my fluoxetine, and put me on diazepam to help me cope. I left the surgery feeling totally alone and completely deflated! The one person who could put this injustice right, was not willing to!

I decided to request my medical records, which cost me £10 for the computerized ones and I will use this as evidence in my appeal .

I really don’t know what is going on with Gp's , and I wonder if the Government as threatened them in some way, but this is totally out of character for my Doctor!
shaz61
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:04 pm

.... forgot....
when I needed a GP's report,
first GP said to me to write it down "keywords" and then he would write a report
when it was time to actually write the report he said he didn't have time for "that"

I too paid £10 for my med rec and used this to back up what I would like to have in my report
so I wrote down what I would like him to write and
handed it over to him at my next appointment (or gave it to the receptionist? can't recall)

the report came back nearly word by word, signed etc
one copy for me, one copy for whichever company was asking for it

some things are better done by myself/ourselves
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby shaz61 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:06 pm

I'm afraid I have no choice but to appeal :( I live alone and ESA is my income :(
shaz61
UKFM Member

Postby shaz61 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:12 pm

Thank you :-D I will take a look
shaz61
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:14 pm

... change of circumstances......
sounds good and far less stressful (need to keep that in mind too)

there was something somewhere were someone explaint what you can use your DLA for and what not
like:
you cannot do your shopping with the £'s but you can do window shopping to get you out of your home

found it
check out
DLA Top Tips from Benefits and Work Site
by FluppyPuffy » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:51 pm
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Re: My DLA GP Report for DWP

Postby fibro-lu » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:20 pm

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12521&p=135065&hilit=DLA+top+tips#p135065

that's the link to the tips
if it doesn't work typ
DLA top tips in search and go to page 2
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby woodbon » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:29 pm

Hello I've been around a while and written a few times but really I'm new fibro - I also have arthritis in my spine and hands.
I am really sorry for you with DLA. I had ESA for 1 year, but had it stoped after an examination by ATOS, so I sympathise with you. I have been refused even with a report from the Occupational Health Doctor for the Council, which awarded me a full pension, as they said they could never offer work of any kind due to my condition! Its all such a mess and I know how stressed and ill I felt, I wish I had an answer for you. Good luck sorting things out.
woodbon
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:22 pm

So sorry to hear you have been so badly let down Lisa it really is disgusting :( :( :( :(
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby millymoodoo » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:34 am

Hi Lisa

Its disgusting the way you have been treated, so all that time you were seeing the registrar although she was typing something into the computer it obviously wasnt related to you. It even made me think was she catching up on her previous patients and was she in fact even listening to you at all it really makes me cross.

Because time is very limited at a gp appointment my gp asked me to write out how i was affected by the different illnesses i have and what care etc i have in fact everything related to my disability and the more information i could provide the better report they could complete and it also meant that any gp could do the report as they could all view my notes. So i went away and got it all typed up and there were 8 typed pages in the end. My gp was shocked at just how bad things really were and she scanned this information to my notes as she felt it was important and especially for medical reports.

My gp commented that they are asked to complete reports such as these which is wrong because they get 10 minutes to see each patient and it takes that and can be longer to diagnose and treat the problem. No time is given to discuss how these different problems affect a patients day to day life even though they are aware that help is required, they also find that patients are reluctant to discuss that they cant cope or need help so without me writing the report that i did. My gp had no idea how i managed day to day although she was aware that i needed some help. She was shocked as to how i do manage and was disgusted that my family and friends had to do the majority of it due to financial reasons.

It could be well worth you doing the same as i did Lisa and get them to scan it to your records and then it doesnt really matter who completes your report as this can be viewed by everyone. In fact it might be worth you trying to get it done for the next time you go in.

Milly :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:54 am

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: Lisa hope it all goes OK
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:19 am

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: with it Lisa :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear:

It's ridiculous that we have to go to such extremes to try and get the help we need. There should be a limit on the age of reports that can be used for claims as so many conditions can change dramatically and new ones can develop/be dx'd over a relatively short period of time :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby fibro-lu » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:01 pm

best wishes for all of this
hope the new GP is helpful and willing
:fingerscrossed:
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby Pete » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:10 pm

Lisa
just sent you some info from benefits and work i hope it helps check your facebook account
Pete :-D :-D
A Good Laugh A Day Can take Your Pain Away :D
Pete
UKFM Member

Postby Pete » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:12 pm

A Good Laugh A Day Can take Your Pain Away :D
Pete
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits