My DLA GP Report for DWP

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: My DLA GP Report for DWP

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:35 pm

The plan of action is to call surgery monday, get an appointment, and let rip :lol: :lol: :lol:

seriously tho im lucky that my mum has experience in these matters being in the proffession shes in (not DWP employer tho!)

I am told that using a report from 7 years ago is just not exceptable! especially as my circumstances have changed dramaticly. Then theres the CFS question mark on diagnoses as i was told by consultant but looks like not officialy down on paper and so will request a rhumi referal for updte and CFS DX

Then care needs need noting down with mum explaing what she does to help and what i need help with.

Once all this has been sorted out i shall put in for a COC

i will update what doctors say as i go along.

Mum says i could ask for updated GP report as the one handed in was sooooo outdated!

watch this space :lol:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby millymoodoo » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:34 am

Hi Lisa

Its disgusting the way you have been treated, so all that time you were seeing the registrar although she was typing something into the computer it obviously wasnt related to you. It even made me think was she catching up on her previous patients and was she in fact even listening to you at all it really makes me cross.

Because time is very limited at a gp appointment my gp asked me to write out how i was affected by the different illnesses i have and what care etc i have in fact everything related to my disability and the more information i could provide the better report they could complete and it also meant that any gp could do the report as they could all view my notes. So i went away and got it all typed up and there were 8 typed pages in the end. My gp was shocked at just how bad things really were and she scanned this information to my notes as she felt it was important and especially for medical reports.

My gp commented that they are asked to complete reports such as these which is wrong because they get 10 minutes to see each patient and it takes that and can be longer to diagnose and treat the problem. No time is given to discuss how these different problems affect a patients day to day life even though they are aware that help is required, they also find that patients are reluctant to discuss that they cant cope or need help so without me writing the report that i did. My gp had no idea how i managed day to day although she was aware that i needed some help. She was shocked as to how i do manage and was disgusted that my family and friends had to do the majority of it due to financial reasons.

It could be well worth you doing the same as i did Lisa and get them to scan it to your records and then it doesnt really matter who completes your report as this can be viewed by everyone. In fact it might be worth you trying to get it done for the next time you go in.

Milly :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:45 pm

Thanks Milly :-)

Well its looking like a change of plan.

My mum has been thinking about this over the weekend and read the report.

Apart of my mums job is assessing forms and attending appeals, dealing with solicitors/judges and advocacy in her line of work. She is on the other side. The side that will benefit me as she knows the system and the wordings and exactly what is needed to win an appeal.

Now my mum has decided that i need to appeal on the grounds of the DWP making a decision on my claim from information backdated nearly 7 years ago!!! this i am told is not exceptable! in fact in my mums line of work they cannot except information older then 3 months to a year tops!

I will need to call DWP in morning to see if i have passed the time limit and if so what i can so about this but alos make an appointment with GP to discuss everything else and to get it corrected.

I am told that the decision whould be made on evidence and information within the last year 3 years max as this was the time period from last claim to this one.

Mum said she will attend tribunal if thats the case and fight my battle as she deals with these people each week so knows what shes doing... phew thank goodness for that! but not looking forward to the battle ahead as exhausted just thinking of it all and heads :crazy:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby denys » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:54 am

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: Lisa hope it all goes OK
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:19 am

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: with it Lisa :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear:

It's ridiculous that we have to go to such extremes to try and get the help we need. There should be a limit on the age of reports that can be used for claims as so many conditions can change dramatically and new ones can develop/be dx'd over a relatively short period of time :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:26 pm

Ok so called DWP this morning and had mrs snotty nose jobs worth on the phone :roll: i have until 6 sept to put in for an appeal :yikes: luckily i can get the form written today and sent off saying information to be followed!!
When i said i was waiting for GP report before appeal she says *but we told you on letter what you need to appeal against* :roll: Urmmm yes you said lots of things that i could do BUT i needed to collect evidence to WHY you stated these claims ffs! :crazy: i mean you need to know what your up against dont you! cant do this blind and fight against somthing you dont know why they made ther decision based on :facepalm:

So i then call GP surgery... go round in circles and speak to 4 different secreteries before i get told that i need a GP to call me in regards to matter. Now this GP i have never seen before, doesnt know me :roll: but as hes been asigned to be my new GP as other one in retirement its him that has to do this :-| so mum is coming round in a bit and she will take the call :tongueout:

to be continued.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
*Lisa*

Postby fibro-lu » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:01 pm

best wishes for all of this
hope the new GP is helpful and willing
:fingerscrossed:
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby Pete » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:10 pm

Lisa
just sent you some info from benefits and work i hope it helps check your facebook account
Pete :-D :-D
A Good Laugh A Day Can take Your Pain Away :D
Pete
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:52 pm

Thanks but not needing the info now :crazy:

Its changed once again :banghead:

This is my dilemma...

GP report to DLA included a Rhumatology report (6years back) that did not have a diagnoses of CFS although he told me by face when i presented him with symptom list and after he carried out an assessment.

My GP and all the consultants i have seen from then until now have used CFS in many terms in regards to my health as i had told them all this was one of my conditions :shock: for example... consultant dermatologist *I feel the pressure hives is related to your CFS as the body is exhausted and run down*....

Iv many a time mentioned CFS/fatigue levels when in a GP consultation

Iv always put CFS down on claims

This has been accepted YET really in the medical world i had never been diagnosed!!!! :shock:

So.. if i appeal i cannot include CFS as a diagnoses and symptoms to my forms!! this is a major chunk of my claim that i cannot use! this has alot to do with care needs as get exhausted and need help with daily tasks/activities etc... YET this will not be taken into account as no diagnoses :hit1:

Another issue is... I pay privatly for physio. My physio is a senior physio who works for the rhumatologists at my local hospital.
As the report didnt come from NHS and was from a private source this is why my treatments and assessment were not encluded! :-? i need an official NHS report.

Without the CFS and physio report i cannot back up my claims for my care needs. :pull-hair:

The GP just wanted me off the phone asap.

Mum told him i had out of date info so he said i could come down and pick what i wanted to print off.
I told him that CFS has never been officialy diagnosed so there and then with no fuss said he would refer me back to the rhumatologist :shock: who would then pass me onto a NHS physio for assessment .... BUT i did say that the physio i would be refered to would be my private one :roll: but it would all be down officialy on the system.

I asked about the care needs and that the GP didnt put any down and he said *well she assess you on your appointment how would she know if you needed help to pooop!* WTF??? who mentioned poooping????? cheeky bagger :evil:

Yes i understand that BUT how do i get my care needs noted down on the system ?

GP says... *WHAT! you need help with care needs? surely you can dress and undress!?*

ME *ERrrm no actualy i do need alot of help*

GP * Oh ok then well just write it all down and send it in* :shock: :shock: :shock:

Later it occured to me (as he dont know me and didnt go thro my history) that all i had was CFS :roll: :crazy: as i never mentioned other conditions was only concentrating on CFS diagnoses :bricks:

After that phone call the dillemma was do i appeal or not?

The answer was NO

Facts based at the time of renewal was that i do not have CFS and so the majority of care needs would be dismissed and i had no back up letters etc to confirm i have CFS :crazy:

I have no official assessment in regards to my joint restrictions/weakness in legs and restrictive mobility which contribute to care needs.

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

So the final plan is to see the consultant for an updated report with CFS diagnoses then onto the NHS physiotherapist who will do an assessment on my conditions.

To get the physio to point out that daily tasks are limited due to restrictive movement and possible muscle injuries/spasms attempting tasks and so forth

Then go for a COC

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
*Lisa*

Postby Pete » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:12 pm

*Lisa* wrote:Thanks but not needing the info now :crazy:

Its changed once again :banghead:

This is my dilemma...

GP report to DLA included a Rhumatology report (6years back) that did not have a diagnoses of CFS although he told me by face when i presented him with symptom list and after he carried out an assessment.

My GP and all the consultants i have seen from then until now have used CFS in many terms in regards to my health as i had told them all this was one of my conditions :shock: for example... consultant dermatologist *I feel the pressure hives is related to your CFS as the body is exhausted and run down*....

Iv many a time mentioned CFS/fatigue levels when in a GP consultation

Iv always put CFS down on claims

This has been accepted YET really in the medical world i had never been diagnosed!!!! :shock:

So.. if i appeal i cannot include CFS as a diagnoses and symptoms to my forms!! this is a major chunk of my claim that i cannot use! this has alot to do with care needs as get exhausted and need help with daily tasks/activities etc... YET this will not be taken into account as no diagnoses :hit1:

Another issue is... I pay privatly for physio. My physio is a senior physio who works for the rhumatologists at my local hospital.
As the report didnt come from NHS and was from a private source this is why my treatments and assessment were not encluded! :-? i need an official NHS report.

Without the CFS and physio report i cannot back up my claims for my care needs. :pull-hair:

The GP just wanted me off the phone asap.

Mum told him i had out of date info so he said i could come down and pick what i wanted to print off.
I told him that CFS has never been officialy diagnosed so there and then with no fuss said he would refer me back to the rhumatologist :shock: who would then pass me onto a NHS physio for assessment .... BUT i did say that the physio i would be refered to would be my private one :roll: but it would all be down officialy on the system.

I asked about the care needs and that the GP didnt put any down and he said *well she assess you on your appointment how would she know if you needed help to pooop!* WTF??? who mentioned poooping????? cheeky bagger :evil:

Yes i understand that BUT how do i get my care needs noted down on the system ?

GP says... *WHAT! you need help with care needs? surely you can dress and undress!?*

ME *ERrrm no actualy i do need alot of help*

GP * Oh ok then well just write it all down and send it in* :shock: :shock: :shock:

Later it occured to me (as he dont know me and didnt go thro my history) that all i had was CFS :roll: :crazy: as i never mentioned other conditions was only concentrating on CFS diagnoses :bricks:

After that phone call the dillemma was do i appeal or not?

The answer was NO

Facts based at the time of renewal was that i do not have CFS and so the majority of care needs would be dismissed and i had no back up letters etc to confirm i have CFS :crazy:

I have no official assessment in regards to my joint restrictions/weakness in legs and restrictive mobility which contribute to care needs.

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

So the final plan is to see the consultant for an updated report with CFS diagnoses then onto the NHS physiotherapist who will do an assessment on my conditions.

To get the physio to point out that daily tasks are limited due to restrictive movement and possible muscle injuries/spasms attempting tasks and so forth

Then go for a COC

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Lisa

first of all it's not the conditions you have they are are second to the needs you have and you have a diagnoses of fibromyalgia so use that instead

also can have a word with your physio so see you at the hospital to access you there then it will show up on the places you need it to be also don't give up on the first hurdle you can fight it and you need to find a different way to fight this.
Pete :shock:
A Good Laugh A Day Can take Your Pain Away :D
Pete
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits