DLA, what do you include on YOUR form?

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

DLA, what do you include on YOUR form?

Postby Katblack » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:41 pm

Hi All,

I have applied loads of times for DLA and always been turned down even when it went to tribunal, but recently I have realised that one of the major things I have never included on my forms is FATIGUE, so my question is, for those who have got DLA/PIP did you include fatigue in your form?

I am wondering if it is worth going through all the heartache and disappointment again, after the tribunal I went to I couldn't bear to apply again.

I also wonder if there is a fundamental error in the way I answer questions, last time I included hobbies and that actually went against me, they used it against me :(

So fed up with being rejected...
Kat x

Scoliosis, 2 major spinal surgeries, DDD in neck and lumbar spine, Spondylolisthesis, HMS and now FM!
"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by." - Douglas Adams.
Katblack
UKFM Member

Re: DLA, what do you include on YOUR form?

Postby ecologisttobe » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:04 pm

Hello,

Have you tried getting more official help with the form? Such as Citizens Advice or similar? Or perhaps used the helpful guides on Benefit and Work? The guides are helping me a lot. If you are a new applicant you will be applying for PIP not DLA.

I am including fatigue in my first attempt of applying as fatigue is the biggest factor of my illness.
ecologisttobe
UKFM Member

Postby SuzyVB » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:08 pm

I had help from CAB & got high rate mobility
SuzyVB
UKFM Member

Postby evie15 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:23 pm

If you suffer from fatigue, then put it on the form. Anything that is making you feel so ill should be included.

If they turn you down send in appeal forms, if you can't manage a tribunial then cancel it before the date, but keep your fingers crossed for a good result.
evie15
UKFM Member

Postby Katblack » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:26 pm

Last form I filled in I got the CAB to do it and still got a 'No' :(

I just don't know what I am doing wrong.

2 things have emerged lately -
1) The lead whatever-he-was at the Tribunal said he 'has no doubt that I am in considerable pain' and thanked me for being 'Very honest' - Too honest maybe??
2) At the Pain Management programme out of 8 people only 3 of us (including me) did NOT get DLA and they were all astounded that I didn't get it as I was worse off than them, they all admitted to lying on their forms :(

*sigh* lying does not come easily to me, I am afraid it will come back and bite me on the bum :(
Kat x

Scoliosis, 2 major spinal surgeries, DDD in neck and lumbar spine, Spondylolisthesis, HMS and now FM!
"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by." - Douglas Adams.
Katblack
UKFM Member

Postby SuzyVB » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:28 pm

I wouldn't recommend lying. I just based it on an average week.
SuzyVB
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:14 pm

Kat did the DWP ask for a doctors report? if so did you get a copy? if not get one!!

Did you ask for a report on how they based there decision? again see if you can obtain one if your able to.

On the hobby side of things it can also go against you as yo dont need care/help in doing activities! there very contridictive! in my case they gave me my mobility componant which ment i needed help and assistance outside but then took away my care and one of the reasons is that i can get around indoors! how did they work that one out i wonder??? do you instantly become better behind closed doors :roll: :shock:

Without seeing what was put its hard to say what your doing wrong.

Definatly include your fatigue.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby ecologisttobe » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:22 pm

Did you get a decent medical note from a professional? I think in the reports if say your GP doesn't know much about your home life they have nothing to write on the forms. That is if the Atos team actually ask at all for a report as they never did for me with ESA.

With PIP you need to focus on how activity triggers your fatigue and how you may be able to do something but it will prevent you doing it again in a reasonable time period.

Plus include everything. If you splash yourself with hot water carrying heavy pans include that. If you drop your walking aids every 5 seconds include that. If you require someone to help you in a supermarket if you drop something include that. EVERYTHING.

I am actually filling out my forms before my help as I keep remembering things as I come across them in my day to day life!

Good luck.

PS. Don't lie on your form as well as being morally wrong in so many ways eventually lies and deceit come back and bite you on the ***!!! The people who lie on forms are what make them so paranoid in the first place that all the sick and disabled are lying scroungers!
ecologisttobe
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:27 am

Lying will come back and bite you as the others have said, using the average is best, go to CAB again and try to just be as honest as possible as the others have said definitely include your fatigue and what the pain restricts you from doing :fingerscrossed: things go your way for a change
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:01 pm

Also Kat, try asking Mr Googly about guides to completing DLA/PIP forms for each condition/problem you have. There is an awful lot of info available online from various groups/charities/organisations that could prove helpful. I'm currently compiling info for my ESA review and have downloaded a number of things relevant to me, and reading thru it all, there are many little points that I would never have considered including.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Katblack » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:53 pm

I was actually really shocked when they all admitted to lying, I think a lot of it is stretching the truth also...

I don't think I add enough info on my forms.

I'll have another look on google and see what I can find x
Kat x

Katblack
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits