medical records

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

medical records

Postby fmfm2013 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:58 pm

2 hours home visit with ATOS doctor and he tells me I do not have Fibromyalgia.
Says it is something else and I need a scan. ( can’t remember the term he used ,in shock) within 2 weeks I get a decision, no DLA whatsoever apparently I have gotten better since my last claim in 2010.

While pulling together evidence to be ready for CAB visiting to get appeal rolling my GP surgery informed me that the DWP had not been in touch, IE no form was sent out to the surgery yet this is supposed to happen automatically.

My main Question though is why aren't my medical records checked by DWP before receiving the benefit DLA.
No wonder there's so much fraud. :shock:
fmfm2013
UKFM Newbie

Re: medical records

Postby ecologisttobe » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:17 pm

I read that DWP hardly ever check medical records hence some people just fail benefits automatically as they have no evidence (happened to me).
ecologisttobe
UKFM Member

Postby Graciebaby » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:21 pm

When I claimed ESA initially, both my GP and consultant were asked for reports about me from the DWP. There was some barely legible scribble on them and neither of the reports was particularly helpful or informative. I had to attend for an Atos medical with this claim as well.

When I put in a claim for DLA, I know for a fact that the DWP used the information from my previous ESA claim, ie - the earlier Atos report that was produced after my medical. I assume the earlier GP and consultant's reports were also used, as they didn't ask for any.

I was told that there isn't any cross over and the two benefit claims are treated separately but that certainly wasn't the case with me.

Might that be the case with you? Have you previously claimed for a different benefit and your reports have been used for your current ESA assessment thus, they were not asked for again?

I hope you get things sorted out and the best of luck with it all.

G. x
Graciebaby
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:17 pm

fmfm2013 wrote:2 hours home visit with ATOS doctor and he tells me I do not have Fibromyalgia.
Says it is something else and I need a scan. ( can’t remember the term he used ,in shock) within 2 weeks I get a decision, no DLA whatsoever apparently I have gotten better since my last claim in 2010.

While pulling together evidence to be ready for CAB visiting to get appeal rolling my GP surgery informed me that the DWP had not been in touch, IE no form was sent out to the surgery yet this is supposed to happen automatically.

My main Question though is why aren't my medical records checked by DWP before receiving the benefit DLA.

first off this is supposed to be a medical assessment not a diagnoses of any illnesses etc so if the atosser doctor felt fibro was not the cause then he should be contacting your GP for further investigations and a report to wh he felt you do not have FM.

Another pointer is that its not all about diagnoses is what symtoms you have that cause you to need care and mobility needs for example...

He says you clearly have *something* to the point where he says you need a scan. regaredless to what you have the doc obviously has seen that you have an illness/condition that gives off these symptoms causing daily limitations.

You can appeal on the grounds that your GP has not given them an up to date report of your health that would help you with your claim.

Do you have a consultant or GP letter that says about your diagnoses? If so hand this in and also ask GP about the atosser turning your FM diagnoses over and ask there opinion as they know you, have all your health records etc etc.

I would like to know what he does think you have? after just seeing you for 2 hours and not having / reading any medical information about you only what you have put down.

Sometimes they do no contact your GP as they feel all the medical evidence handed in and your information is enough to go on.

This is why when the PIP comes into force which in some cases has already everyone is supposed to have a medical also those on indefinate awards to stop fraud.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby fmfm2013 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:32 pm

Graciebaby - Hi

Yes a medical I went to in Jan. I applied for ESA to try and get help to get back to work.
This medical was on the list of evedence they used.

FM
fmfm2013
UKFM Newbie

Postby fmfm2013 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:43 pm

Lisa - Hi

I agree, The Doctor that visited me at he did not put his diagnosis nor theneed for a scan in his report, at least not in my copy.
fmfm2013
UKFM Newbie

Postby zappa20 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:47 am

fmfm2013 wrote:2 hours home visit with ATOS doctor and he tells me I do not have Fibromyalgia.
:

Have you informed your GP or whoever diagnosed you with Fibro to ask them about this?

Sometimes the DWP will use recent assessment information to cross check information on when assessing claims. If 1 assessment report contradicts the other they will usually lean towards whichever report is more detailed. If they doctor's report for DLA says there is no eligibility and this agreed with the ESA then imagine they'll assume both reports are correct and agree with each other and award accordingly.

What did the DLA report say. Was it detailed enough or very basic.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby Michelleg123 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:55 pm

I got a brief letter off my doctor to take to CAB with me on Monday but it hasn't got half of what's wrong with me written on it, I have fibromyalgia, clinical depression, disc degeneration and arthritis in my Knees but only the fibromyalgia is on the letter, I have had to write on the bottom of it myself just so they have a clear picture, I've had spinal injection that didn't work and injections in my elbows and shoulders that haven't worked - I have difficulty holding a pen due to pains in my hands so the CAB are doing all my form filling for me - they really do help loads so if you can, get advice off them :)
Michelleg123
UKFM Member

Postby fmfm2013 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:17 pm

Update 04.Feb. 2014

Well that was back in august and guess what.....I have had my appeal but it was adjourned - I was disputing what their doctor had written about me and the fact that I had only been sent a typed summary of the doctor's report. For sake of appeal copies of all the reports were sent out to me.
The Drs. report was so badly scrawled that my appeal was adjourned by the panel because none of the panel were able to decipher the report.
Now that has arrived I have a date for the end of this month (Feb. 2014) .
7 months no money and also been advised that my claim won't be backdated.
IS THIS LEGAL???????

My GP has even offered me a sick-line.
Apparently I am not entitled to claim any benefits now because my partners pension from the fire-brigade means he must now support me.
What happened to equal opportunities?

My GP, my physio, my pain management are all treating me for Fibromyalgia and Irritable Bowel.
Currently I am being taken off Tramadol and put onto Gabapentin.....Going mad also . So much for avoiding stress!! :-? :-? :-? :cry: :crazy: :-x
fmfm2013
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits