Help/Advice needed regarding Benefits and Fibro

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Help/Advice needed regarding Benefits and Fibro

Postby wiltshireguy1982 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:14 pm

Hi,

I've been having problems for quite a long time now.

Issues such as twitching, aches, pains, daily headaches, burning, tingling and plenty of other issues, I already have IBS and quite bad Asthma.

I feel like things are getting worse lately and I'm not sure what to do, I have been getting daily headaches for the past 2-3 months mainly on the left side of the head, also lots of tingling and weird buzzing and vibration sensations on the left side of the head, this worries me and I have thought that there may be the possibility that it might be something like a Brain Tumour, obviously hoping it isn't.

I have been referred to see a Neurologist but I am not seeing them until December, the doctor has put me on Gabapentin for the Headaches, I am also on Buscopan for IBS, Omeprazole for Acid Refulx and two inhalers for my Asthma.

The thing is I am currently on Jobseekers Allowance, I don't think that there are many things that I can do apart from maybe jobs like Admin which I have some recent experience in but I'm being pressurized into going for other jobs which I feel I would have to leave should I get one of those positions.

The thing is I cannot really apply for ESA as I haven't had a diagnosis of Fibro or CFS, I do feel tired all the time, I have had Blood Tests done recently but they were all normal.

I don't really know what to do, any advice?
wiltshireguy1982
UKFM Member

Re: Help/Advice needed regarding Benefits and Fibro

Postby Bridgitte » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:09 pm

Push at getting a diagnosis for fibromyalgia, or whatever it may be, I see a rheumatologist for mine, and also have connective tissue disorder-originally diagnosed as SLE but now downgraded- and I have Bronchiectasis, (also of the lungs) and I'm waiting to see an endocrologist regarding kidney dysfunction and an orthopaedic about my shoulders. I'm on ESA and DLA, my GP is really good, so push at trying to get an answer for the problems you have, and your problems do sound familiar, explain everything to your GP, and tell him/her if you're finding it hard to cope with things and maybe they can help you get onto benefits if he/she thinks its possible, you can only but try. It's not easy living with this, can be a total nightmare, and you can only go forward.
Best of luck.
Bridgitte
Bridgitte
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:32 am

Some benefits dont need a specific diagnosis before you can claim them especially if you are being signed unfit for work by your GP, if you are classed as unfit for work then you cant be expected to go looking for work so there has to be something the job centre can do for you, but your first call has got to be your docs
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby jackiecarr » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:48 am

Hi, I have been medically unfit for work for 30yrs. Tuesday i had to go to a tribuneral, i was turned down, i am disgusted at how i have been treated. Been intouch with job centre they say you have to tell employer when you go for a job that your medically unfit for work. The goverment have closed down all the disability work places so there is no work for me. How do i have to live ?? my husband of 4yrs has to use all his saveings, what is the point of saveing when you get penilised when you cant work. Love and Light to you all xx jackie carr
jackiecarr
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits