The Warm Winter Home Discount Scheme

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

The Warm Winter Home Discount Scheme

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:00 am

Hi all ...

Just a reminder that it this time of year again for the warm winter home discount scheme

See here to check if your eligable https://www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-discou ... e/overview

You can claim now although will take a few weeks to process.

Its gone up to £135

:snowhappy: :snowhappy: :snowhappy:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: The Warm Winter Home Discount Scheme

Postby Garyl » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:18 am

Did mine in june, and been told to apply next year, last year of this scheme
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:31 pm

Normaly it runs from sept - march

Where does it say its ending next year? wouldbe good to see

To check eligability you can contact your supplier by phone or check there website online.

Some people automaticly get a letter when then scheme starts again in sept.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby padders » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:18 pm

I was given it last year and just had a letter saying I am getting again for this year. So happy something I haven't had to fight for. I haven't heard about it being stopped though be a shame if it is as a great help to many people x
padders
UKFM Member

Postby pixiecat » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:03 am

I got it the last 2 years and eon have just sent me a letter to re-apply for it this year
there was no mention of it ending though

Lorraine
pixiecat

Postby millymoodoo » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:13 pm

Hi all

I got it for the first time this year i was late in applying for it the year before!!! My energy supplier British Gas advised me that it was a government scheme which was to run for 4 years in total, not sure how long it has been running for as i was late in claiming. It is such a big help especially when we get some support with the cold weather payment but that has to be freezing or below for 7 consecutive days.

Millyxxx
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits