Has anyone been accepted for PIP

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Has anyone been accepted for PIP

Postby parisnoonoo » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:59 am

Hi i recieved a diagnosis of FMS some months ago after years of going back and forth to the G.Ps etc, i am about to make a claim for PIP i am a assistant manager for sheltered accomodation which provides care, i love my job but the FMS is getting the better of me i am presenting more pain and symptoms recently and finding it hard to do my role even with the buronorphine 10mcg pain patch that i have been on for 12 months, i have heard that people who suffer with FMS do not get any luck being accepted for claims such as DLA/PIP any tips please :-)

Many Thanx
parisnoonoo
UKFM Newbie

Re: Has anyone been accepted for PIP

Postby animeemo3 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:08 am

well, dla denied me three times, but they based that on the results of my atos test (no surprise then!). applied for pip and have a home visit soon (to be arranged) so hopefully, bit more of a fair chance. all you can do is apply for pip, and explain as much as you can in the interview. from my latest atos test, they accepted me, so i think the chances are getting better for people with fm! good luck!
animeemo3
UKFM Member

Postby armfaw » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:17 am

i am about to apply too...
armfaw
UKFM Member

Postby linda3719 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:22 am

Have applied by phone - waiting for forms to arrive now....... they said could take upto 2 weeks tho
more waiting.. oh the joy :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Linda x
linda3719
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:52 pm

It took me a year of fighting to get DLA. Although you can still work and claim - so they say - with fibro its more a case of if you can work, then tough, deal with it. I had to give my much loved job as a staff nurse.

All i can say is good luck
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby xxfibeexx » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:01 pm

Hi,

I have just received a PIP form through as my DLA is due for renewal in January. I claimed and received DLA first time. A local charity helped me complete the forms. All I can advise is give them info, info and more info. Took around 2.5 hours to fill it in, I kept a copy so hopefully the renewal won't be as bad. You also need to make the effect on your life really clear, don't just list symptoms.

They did write to my GP and consultant at the pain clinic, both of whom backed up my form.

I receive higher rate mobility which means one can get a motability car - that has been a godsend and I get middle rate care as at times need help doing things like washing hair, can't do any housework and am limited in the kitchen as can't lift heavy pans etc
xxfibeexx
UKFM Member

Postby Graciebaby » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:34 pm

Hi xxfibeexx,

I have just returned my renewal forms for DLA.
My forms were the old DLA forms which I expected to receive, as I read on the internet that all DLA renewals up to Feb 2014 would be assessed under the old DLA regulations and my paperwork appeared to confirm this. There was not a mention of PIP within any of my paperwork.
Surely this would be the case for you as well, if your renewal is also due in Jan?

I remember thinking.......thank goodness I am being re assessed for DLA, as like you, I qualify at the moment for Motorbility which I was afraid I would lose under PIP re assessment.

Am I wrong? Despite the fact that I have filled in the old DLA claim forms which were sent to me, have I in fact applied for PIP?
I'm terrified of losing my car, I would be utterly stuffed without it. In fact, it would probably be the last straw after everything else (lose of job, financial problems, loss of my home, loss of independence etc etc) And no amount of Duloxetine (I'm on maximum dose now) would lift my mood if it happened :(

G. x
Graciebaby
UKFM Member

Postby cozza50 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:13 pm

I applyered for PIP got CAB to help me fill it in sent it off and still waiting for reply this was nearly 2 months ago
:yikes:
cozza50
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:44 pm

Graciebaby,

It all depends on your post code as some areas tranfered early.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Blackjynx » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:09 pm

I've had my assessment and am waiting for DWP to receive it, but the process takes ages!
Blackjynx
UKFM Newbie

Postby Graciebaby » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:27 pm

Thanks Lisa,
I hadn't realised that.
So I have applied for DLA. I wonder if it makes any difference now, because they are tightening up so much on all benefits aren't they.
These changes must be making so many ill and disabled people very stressed and frightened. :(

I wish everyone on here the best of luck with their applications.

We should all post on here when we have heard about our claims, particularly those who are renewing. We can then compare how the results differ from previous claims. I would be very interested to see if our awards remain the same, go up or are reduced.

G. x
Graciebaby
UKFM Member

Postby parisnoonoo » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:33 pm

Thanks all for your responses, i have some hope now.xx
:-)
parisnoonoo
UKFM Newbie

Postby zappa20 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:50 am

At the moment the government is in the process of reconsidering whether its mobility distance change down to 1 to 20M to meet high rate mobility will be revised. Many think this is delaying claim PIP outcome decisions, but ATOS claim they have a huge backlog and the normal wait time given seems to be up to 20 weeks.If the distance remains at 20M many people with high rate DLA mobility will lose it, and their Mobility cars.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby flip » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:11 am

well its been 9 weeks since i sent the form for pip back and still no letter. :crazy:
flip
UKFM Newbie

Postby helen.whittaker.125 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:00 pm

Hi there, I've just had my ATOS meeting 13 weeks after my form went back, the letter for that arrived 11 weeks after I sent my forms back, they said it will be another 4 weeks till I hear if I've got PIP or not, but I've herd of people waiting another 8 weeks or so to hear after ATOS meeting so I'm not holding m breath for it to be done on time x

BB Helen xx
BB Helen x
helen.whittaker.125
UKFM Member

Next

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits